Wing Loader (KS/WCDX) Loader & Voice Over Mod

Hi all, I found out about this after getting back into Wing Commander after several years. I have the GOG versions of the games and so I tried out Wing Loader v0.92. I patched both WC1 and WC2 following the instructions above.

Wing Commander 1 works fine. The audio plays well in the Tiger's Claw and I can hear the voices in flight as well.
Secret Missions 1 works fine.
Secret Missions 1.5 crashes right in the middle of the first briefing. I never get to launch.
Secret Missions 2 works fine.

Wing Commander II doesn't load up the intro properly. It entirely skips the section of the intro where the Tiger's Claw is destroyed, and goes instead right to the Emperor and Prince Thrakhath. The game also seems to be playing pretty fast. Also, unlike WC1, the game is not in a 4:3 screen ratio. I wonder if something got messed up? An error message appears that says:
"ERROR: 145 in DIBcascade CreatePalette"
When I launch the game using WC2_wcdx.exe, it plays in 4:3 ratio but the intro still skips the Tiger's Claw destruction.

Wing Commander II - Special Operations 1 - it's been a while since I played but when I launch this in Wing Loader, WC2 just plays (still broken intro as noted above). I end up flying the first mission of WC2. Not sure if I need to finish WC2 before playing this or not. When I launch the game using SO1_wcdx.exe, the Special Operations 1 intro plays and I can jump right into SO1.

Wing Commander II - Special Operations II - same issue as Special Operations 1. It just plays WC2. When I launch the game using SO2_wcdx.exe, it plays SO2 just fine at 4:3.

I haven't tried WC3 yet but I will.

Hi all, I found out about this after getting back into Wing Commander after several years. I have the GOG versions of the games and so I tried out Wing Loader v0.92. I patched both WC1 and WC2 following the instructions above.

Wing Commander 1 works fine. The audio plays well in the Tiger's Claw and I can hear the voices in flight as well.
Secret Missions 1 works fine.
Secret Missions 1.5 crashes right in the middle of the first briefing. I never get to launch.
Secret Missions 2 works fine.

Wing Commander II doesn't load up the intro properly. It entirely skips the section of the intro where the Tiger's Claw is destroyed, and goes instead right to the Emperor and Prince Thrakhath. The game also seems to be playing pretty fast. Also, unlike WC1, the game is not in a 4:3 screen ratio. I wonder if something got messed up? An error message appears that says:
"ERROR: 145 in DIBcascade CreatePalette"
When I launch the game using WC2_wcdx.exe, it plays in 4:3 ratio but the intro still skips the Tiger's Claw destruction.

Wing Commander II - Special Operations 1 - it's been a while since I played but when I launch this in Wing Loader, WC2 just plays (still broken intro as noted above). I end up flying the first mission of WC2. Not sure if I need to finish WC2 before playing this or not. When I launch the game using SO1_wcdx.exe, the Special Operations 1 intro plays and I can jump right into SO1.

Wing Commander II - Special Operations II - same issue as Special Operations 1. It just plays WC2. When I launch the game using SO2_wcdx.exe, it plays SO2 just fine at 4:3.

I haven't tried WC3 yet but I will.
Hey Kel9509.

I haven't expirenced this Secret Missions 1.5 crash myself. I'm currently away for a wedding but should be back to my PC in a few days. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and get back to you.

In regards to WC2... WCDX is not a great experience with WC2. Framerate are weird and Becuase of that when you hit play it registers a second click to skip the first scene in the intro. I have found that CNC-DDraw works better for WC2 or Dgvoodoo2.

I might have a scripting error, I'm not sure but I'll take a look when I'm back.

Hey Kel9509.

I haven't expirenced this Secret Missions 1.5 crash myself. I'm currently away for a wedding but should be back to my PC in a few days. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and get back to you.

In regards to WC2... WCDX is not a great experience with WC2. Framerate are weird and Becuase of that when you hit play it registers a second click to skip the first scene in the intro. I have found that CNC-DDraw works better for WC2 or Dgvoodoo2.

I might have a scripting error, I'm not sure but I'll take a look when I'm back.
Thank you very much! I must say that what I've seen so far is very impressive. I'm sure there's a slight error with WC2 that hopefully can be fixed.

Anyway, playing WC2_wcdx.exe, I tried CNC-DDraw in my WC2 installation folder. It didn't seem to make much of a difference, at least as far as I can tell with its default settings. The game runs fast outside of flight mode, but during flight it seems ok. That's the reason why I wanted to try this version, since DosBox has issues with the framerate and game speed otherwise.

However, either with CNC-DDraw or not when using WC2_wcdx.exe, I noticed that if I use my joystick to select the intro, there is no "second click" and the intro plays normally with the Tiger's Claw destruction. Very odd that the mouse has an issue but the joystick doesn't. I wonder if this can be fixed also somehow or not?

CNC-DDraw doesn't work at all with WingLoader. I meant, it's still not at a 4:3 ratio and didn't appear to make any bit of difference whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm happy to report I also tried WC3 with the HD videos and it runs perfectly!

Back