• A parallel dimension

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Dr. Seuss's nightmares brought to life

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the core is "too close" if you consider that Confed has only explored a relatively small part of the galaxy... from what we know, anything that's a few systems out into unexplored territory might have been Nephilim space for the last 3 thousand years. (Except of course that is highly unlikely, but the point here is that IMHO the core can't be considered "too close" :))

--Eder

Yes, yes, I agree! But the point here is: do you think Hell is in our galaxy, in our dimension, or none of the above? ;)

--Eder

What was that movie w/ Roddy Piper where aliens on Earth were disguised as humans? Your last reply reminded me of it, Eder.

there here...across the street, everywhere around you' LOL!

Sci-fighters, wasn't it? I don't remember it very clearly, except that it was a funny movie... :) if that's the one you're referring to.

--Eder

It was a funny movie indeed, especially when he walked into the bank w/ a shotgun and said,"It's time to chew bubble-gum and kick some ass, but I'm all out of gum!" Oh, sorry Valor...lol!

I doubt that Forstchen meant for the aliens in Action Stations to be the Nephilim since Prophecy was not even realesed when he wrote it.Likewise,If Origin had made more Wing games,I doubt that that is where they would make the Nephilim originate from.Plus,those aliens were basicaly coming system by system and not suddenly through wormholes.To me, I do not see any logical or fictional evidence to support that theory.Of course everyone can have there own opinion.
The Nephilim could have come from our galaxy and very well may have. This is just a personal opinion,but I feel that the designers wanted something a little bit more interesting then just making them another alien race with another normal homeworld.This would fit in with Vearrier's ideas as well.And,interestingly enough,the Prophecy poster ad shows Nephilim ships closing in on our Galaxy.Of course, it is just an ad which means it should not be taken to seriously, but it is, I think ,a bit of info that might be worthy of mention.

Action Stations was released in 1998, IIRC.
Prophecy was released in 1997.
Forstchen could have had some inside information of what was going on in Prophecy, so it is possible that he did mean the Nephilim in the book. Therefore, I support the "distant sector in our galaxy" option. More specifically - somewhere towards the core of our galaxy.

Originally posted by Wulf
What was that movie w/ Roddy Piper where aliens on Earth were disguised as humans? Your last reply reminded me of it, Eder.

there here...across the street, everywhere around you' LOL!

They Live

That's right, I was confusing the title with that other Roddy Piper movie, where the guy brings an alien virus from Mars, or something like that.

--Eder

Then there's They Hunger, that zombie Half-Life mod from PC Gamer...

Nephilim=Cthulhu

Action Stations was officially listed as being published in January 98. The book actualy was realesed a little earlier,however.The book was written earlier to the time of release.Forstchen and Origin have very little contact.In fact,not long ago, Captain Johnny was here stating that most of the Prophecy design team did not even realy take the books into consideration.Even if the book was released well after Prophecy,while it does not negate the possibility, the fact remains that there is still not the slightest bit of evidence that specificaly points to the race being the Nephilim.The Cats did call them a "darkness" but that is a very general term which could be applied to any race.Besides,the galaxy is a big place,as such,there could be thousands of races out there.

Actually I think Capn Johnny was just making fun of someone who said the books were "cannon" and he said the Prophecy team didnt consider them to be "cannon" because the correct way to spell it is canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back