• Dr. Seuss's nightmares brought to life

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catscratch

Spaceman
Sorry if this has been brought up before and I'm just dredging up old arguments, but where do the Nephilim come from, and why the heck are they here? Do tell me if this has been brought up before, and then delete this thread.

Different sector as stated in the ICIS guide or something.
And their intentions to wipe out our asses from this dimension and beyond
That is !!!

I think it's more like 2/4, IIRC. I have my Prophecy map somewhere(we just moved recently, so I can't find the darned thing.) I think it's the Alpha and Delta Quadrents/Sectors. Not sure though.:confused:

Where the Nephilm came from is unknown.We do suspect that they have been watching our part of the galaxy for countless ages.The use of wormholes would suggest they came from some distance.Wormholes do not negate the possibility of there coming from another part of the universe or even multiverse.The only clue that we have from Origin was a brief statement made by Mark Vearrier in a Next Generation magazine article about WCP.He briefly mentioned some possible ideas about the next game.He stated the possibly of going to the alien's universe which he described as maybe an "aquatic" universe with "plankton" floating around.Universe in this instance could have been a generic term,however.Plus,these were just his ideas and there is no indication that this is what would have happened.

Even if you consider the Prophecy map and estimate all the systems from books et cetare,very little of the galxy has been explored.Confed probably has less then 10,000 systems in its control.

A wormhole.....Now im starting to think they came from a entirely different galaxy. Einsteins theory shows that wormhole are "quicker ways to get to another point in the universe". So if they use wormholes then they must too darn far away. Another thing has crossed my mind aswell. Remember that Mantu=nephilim well the mantu were so close to the kats werent they. And some kats have a "star God" history too....could the star gods be the nephilim?

I don't think that the Star Gods and the Nephillim were
the same aliens. The Star Gods coming to Kilrah and sparing
the Kilrathi just doesn't reconcile with the Nephillim's
annihilation of anything that moves.

For that matter, the Mantu in the Prophecy manual were
described as being non-aggressive, which seems sharply
different from the kill-crazy Nephillim. The Nephillim
are could be from anywhere really, with their weird
harnessed wormhole gates.

The Neph are not the Mantu, although whether or not they are the Star Gods, I don't know. I wouldn't think so, 'cause I figure they would have destroyed the Kats a long time ago if that were true. (They didn't really seem big on honor, like the Kilrathi-excluding the Rays)
As from where they are from, I think it's a good chance that they are from our sector of the galaxy, just a bit farther out than either Confed or the Kilrathi may know. If anyone would know, maybe the Varni would know something, since they were (at least I think) about technologically equal to the Confederation at the time, and they were closer to where the Bugs came into our system from.
As for the wormholes, the distances could be REALLY large, or rather minor (the way things like that go). After all, wormholes just seem to be better versions of jump gates.

No ibeleave that they would have came from a distant galaxy if they use wormholes. And i agree with bhak that they probably have been watching for years.

Well everyone knows Eistein. Well he pictured the universe kinda as a "U" shape. Now picture a "tunnel" come from a Certain point to the other side of the "U". You would have traveled quicker then a non wormhole route. Now i know this doesnt makes sense. The universe as a "U"? But he says you need a jump off place in time to get to this "tunnel". A displacement in Time you need some way to drag the space/time continuim to do this though.

No, I meant I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that they came from another galaxy based on their mode of travel.

The Nephilim aren't the Mantu -- but current thinking is that they *are* the species mentioned in Action Stations, and thus are located towards the galactic core <G>

Originally posted by Valor NR
No ibeleave that they would have came from a distant galaxy if they use wormholes.

What kind of logic is that? The use of wormholes could mean they come from any distant place, not necessarily another galaxy, but maybe from a distant sector, or from the core of our own galaxy, like LOAF just pointed out.

--Eder

Eder is correct about they might be not just from another galaxy but some other area. But you dont use a wormhole to travel from the Core to the kilrah Sector.

Here's what I think. I believe that they are from our galaxy because, even being an older race, they don't have TOO much of a technological advantage. Going by the other school of thought that they are from even another universe, we wouldn't have stood a chance. If one has the capability to traverse galaxies like nothing, who knows what other nightmarish things one might have up the sleeve? Since we were somewhat, underline somewhat, on par with the bugs in tech, I come to the conclusion that their history isn't to far ahead of ours and tht therefore they come from somewhere within the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back