Where are the arrow fans?

Heh, heh. Yelping Rollins. :)

My first contact with WC3 was on a friends computer. Can't remember the specs, but he was showing me the final Sol mission (because I wanted to see Blair get impaled :)) and I think it took a fair while to load the mission.

I used to hate waiting for SO1 to load before and after every autopilot. Fortunately the patch fixed that.

Originally posted by Preacher
Man, your 486 musta been one LAME machine, or else it was outfitted with that famous S3 graphix "decelerator" card (whose name escapes me at the moment): The longest I ever waited for a mission to load was maybe a minute. At most. Occasionally. In bad weather. And I only had a 486-DX2-66...

hehe, are you thinking of s3 virge? truly a line of crappy incompatible cards..

i had the good old diamond stealth card powering wc3-4 , and what a good job it did too !

cheers

joe

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Wing 4 was better optimized than Wing 3 -- the actual system requirements were lower.
Are you sure about that?... That doesn't seem right, inasmuch as (generally) as technology progresses, the system requirements of a subsequent version of a software program/game also increase (code bloat, among other things)

All I can say for sure at the moment is that when I read the sys req's for WC3, I thought to myself "no prob", but when I read them for WC4, I thought "Hmmm, wonder if I'll be able to swing this?" (it "required" a Pentium (not a 486), and a P75 (or 100) at that, whereas all I had was this lowly 66 Mhz box...

Wing IV uses an identical engine -- with another years worth of optimization. It loads faster and runs better on an older computer.

On the printed version of CGSP someone said that "fans" called WC4 as WC3.2 because of it. Who the hell were those?

Hellcat fan here.

And I DID manage to get WCIV to work on a 486-50mhz, but it lagged a bit.

**it was my 1st com, I got it when I was 5, lasted till I was 9 when I got a PMMX 200mhz**

I for one prefer the Arrow over the Hellcat. The gun distribution was compact, the handling was supreme, and it just looked cooler. As for WC3/4... has anyone considered porting 3 into 4's engine? It'd be one heck of a lot of work, but it could very well be entertaining to behold...

Its still working fine, in fact, it works better than this computer

(P3 933mhz Geforce 2 Ti 512MB PCI 133 SDRAM)

The old one has Win 95 and the new one WIN XP PROF

Originally posted by Wedge009
Quiet, you. You know I use a slower computer than that. :(

Really? I don't remember! Don't forget the 386 I've got, which has only has 4MB of space! And we linked it up to our printer which had 2MB of space.

Or that 'laptop' aka 'portable' - either a 186 or an 086. Can't remember...Don't know if still got it.

An old 286 'portable' Toshiba (think giant grandfather of laptops) which unfortunately leaked its battery and won't work anymore. It has a cool funky CGA orangy screen.

A 386 which I use for old WC games (WC1/2)

A P166 I can use regularly.

Dad's PII-233/266?

A PII/III? 300 for the Internet. It's so bloated full of junk and the video card is no good for games.

Actually, I think the bottleneck for the P166 is the video card...

Back