When and How you heard or saw something about WC for the first time?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha I gotta get a girl to play with me... Then my life will be complete. :D [/B]

See what can happen when somebody quotes you out of context?:D

I was 4 when WC1 came out. My first introduction to WC was by a friend, who showed me WC3. It was really cool, and I felt so l33t being a fighter pilot and all that shiet (I was an aviation fanatic all through life, which led to me now being a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol). I kind of rode it from there, got WC2 for the hell of it, it barely worked on my box, kept crashing, so i threw it in my garage somewhere (I was like 9, come on.)

WC4 Came out. I fell in love with WC all over again. The Dragon was about the coolest thing I had seen since...well since.Then nothing for so long. Then WCP. I was happy, but expected a lot more. Still haven't touched Privateer 1 or 2, Armada, or anything else. Can't find em. I love StarLancer though, but haven't gotten the nerve to go and buy it yet. I also like the engine for FS2, but the story is weak. WC4 still rules for me, as no other game has provided that amount of enjoyment for me.

/me drools at the thought of a WC4 remake in the FS2 engine.

I read 3 WC novels (good stuff), and WCSO made a few improvements. /me likes it (if it would have a story...)

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
I gotta get a girl to play with me... Then my life will be complete. :D

Ya know, I just read what I said and can't help but feel really freakin stupid. I laugh at myself, frankly I think it is pretty hillarious.

That *thingy* is an orthographic signal used in many latin languages. You can use it without messing up your keyboard by setting your keyboard language in Control Panel to "US-International", then you´ll get all sorts of *thingies* such as "ç", "ã", "á", "è", "ü", "ô" and so on...

I don't remember the date. but i got it the first day it was on sale in 5 1/4 floppy. and my dad gave me his old comp when he got a new one he said so he can get on it. for years that and civ was the only games i had.:D

Originally posted by Starkey
That *thingy* is an orthographic...
Hey! Don't use that kind of language! :D
Anyway, I first played Wing Commander when I was in the first grade. WC1 had just come out, and my brother recived it as a Birthday present. We took turns playing missions, and quickly became addicted. We didn't buy the second add-on, but we finished the first (i didn't like the fact that there wasn't mission-branching). When WC2 came out, my brother (against my advice), got an illegal copy from a friend, and fell victim to what we called "The Sunday Virus" (I swear to God that this is true!) The virus infected all of the .exe files on the computer, when ever you tried to run just about anything on the computer, it would display information on what the writer of the virus would do on Sunday (sit on the couch, walk his dog, ect. And I repeat, THIS IS TRUE!!!). My brother's "friend" wouldn't admit to writing the virus, and if this was Origin's copy protection, it was brilliant. We had to eventually format the entire hard-drive and reinstall dos to get it running again. :mad:

Originally posted by Starkey
You can use it without messing up your keyboard by setting your keyboard language in Control Panel to "US-International", then you´ll get all sorts of *thingies*...
Nothing so complicated, I just pressed ALT(hold) 1-3-0 (release): é. I know there are other combinations, but that particular character is used most often, so I only remember that one.

eg touché, fiancée, nomékoP, etc

Originally posted by Wedge009
Nothing so complicated, I just pressed ALT(hold) 1-3-0 (release): é. I know there are other combinations, but that particular character is used most often, so I only remember that one.

eg touché, fiancée, nomékoP, etc

fine, but that´s not an everyday thing for you. In the Portuguese language we use those signals a lot so our keyboards are a little bit modified to ease the typing.

What I explained will work for the regular use of those signals in a standard 101-key keyboard.

Hmm, I tried what you said, but I didn't notice any difference. The ALT-XXX method seems to work for most people with 'standard' US keyboards.

Back