What time frame would a new WC be in?

what about Nephilim conflict- I mean Star*Soldier deliberatly leaves the gap in the history of that conflict - we know that Terren-Kilrathi Allience did win it, and a little bit about some encounters, but nothing abot actual strategic movements and so on. I felt that they were leaving space for a new game.

The way I read it, Star*Soldier made it seem like we beat the Neph for now, as it had profiles of their ships and warning that they could be back.

I don't think they're interested in returning to the Nephilim at this point; they just never became a signature part of the Wing Commander franchise like the Kilrathi did - a new game will be aimed at picking up a new audience, and it will likely go with the enemy the series is best known for.

To Add to Bandit...Yea I think that the Kilrathi are more a timeless enemy which I think is a good thing. And yea I don't believe that they would focus on the Nephilim either... I mean I think we'll see them but they won't be a focus.

I don't think they're interested in returning to the Nephilim at this point; they just never became a signature part of the Wing Commander franchise like the Kilrathi did - a new game will be aimed at picking up a new audience, and it will likely go with the enemy the series is best known for.

I imagie re-introducing the Kilrathi again as a terrfying adversary after the destruction of Kilrah would be a challenge, but if they can do it well I'd be thrilled with that scenario.

Oh, I don't know, you just have a warlord gain control over the former Empire and restart the war -- it's been in the cards forever, with reference starting as soon as the Wing Commander IV material.

The big issue is probably creating an interesting Kilrathi leader character who's distinct from those we've seen before...

(Of course, it's not *always* so simple - lest we forget the Privateer concept that wanted to bring back the Kilrathi via time travel...)

The big issue is probably creating an interesting Kilrathi leader character who's distinct from those we've seen before...

A merciless warlord with great oratory skills (Jukaga, basically, but without the love). I was kind of miffed that such a big fuss was made about Mandarins in WC2 and then the games never really bring them up again. A "divide and conquer" war would be interesting and mesh with the fiction where there's just oh-so-many cat lovers.

A merciless warlord with great oratory skills (Jukaga, basically, but without the love). I was kind of miffed that such a big fuss was made about Mandarins in WC2 and then the games never really bring them up again. A "divide and conquer" war would be interesting and mesh with the fiction where there's just oh-so-many cat lovers.

Ragark seemed like he could have been an interesting fill-in.

It wouldn't have to be a single Kilrathi force. I think it'd be cool to see different clans barely held together, sort of like the Hordes of Chaos in Warhammer.

Not to bring a Star Wars reference, but I bet if they put in a Grand Admiral Thrawn-esque strategist in command of a faction of kilrathi bent on making the terrans pay. Then it would be every bit as interesting as the previous games.

Not to bring a Star Wars reference, but I bet if they put in a Grand Admiral Thrawn-esque strategist in command of a faction of kilrathi bent on making the terrans pay. Then it would be every bit as interesting as the previous games.

Ragark again comes to mind. He was setup to be this kind of character in FC. Most of his internal monologues concern not repeating Thrakhath's mistakes and returning the Empire to its proper place in the galaxy.

He isn't mentioned in S*S as having fought against the Landreich or Confederation so presumably his little corner of the galaxy is still plunking along.

Well, Why not have the Union fight the next war insteed of Confec?

Any of the non confed human states would be just a GREAT new story to tell...

I think for the same reason they wouldn't use the Neph. They're not what made the series. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I'd personally like them to give an ending to the Nephilim war...

Believe it or not, while I find the Kilrathi more interesting as a species, I find that the Nephilim are more interesting as enemies. There's so much to be told about them... And they have that creepy "Last Judgement" godly thing about them.

The Nephilim's motives for attacking the humans may actually be more interesting than the Kilrathi's. I like the idea that fighting the bugs is actually a test... They're willing to give their "foes" a chance to survive, but first said foes have to prove themselves.

I wouldn't mind seeing them give us a reason to fight both. I like the idea of telling the Nephilim story without necessarily putting us in another desperation fight to the finish.

I'd go with the some Kilrathi veteran of the Kilrathi War who served as part of the joint Kilrathi - Confed fleet that helps take the Nephilim homeworlds discovers some ancient relic allowing him to rebuild the fleet, clone warriors, something along those lines . He betrays the fleet and ends up building up for a reconquest.

By the time the invasion fleet launches it's attack the Kilrathi and Confed are reduced to small spheres of influence and the attack catches both sides by surprise. Now you've got a three way war going on - Confed, border worlds fighting for survival, the Kilrathi home guard, the "new Kilrathi Empire" and then the mysterious Nephilim (of which all of this is part of their doomsday plan or something)

Before that though I'd really like to see a Battlefield/Battlefront style "Wing Commander" game with duals between carrier task forces.

Back