What do you think of Mark Hamill's acting?

What do you think of Mark Hamills acting?

• First rate, he can handle any role

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Hes good in certain roles

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • He was only any good as Blair

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • He was only any good as Skywalker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was only any good as Blair and Skywalker

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Average actor

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I think he only belongs in day time TV soaps

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
It's interesting what I miss from not looking at television credits often, because I did not know that, LOAF!:)

He's a pretty good all-round actor, bubt I'll have to agree with previous assessments that he is a much better voice-over artist.

A few more appearances I remember are a few on SeaQuest which really suprised me (he was really good IMHO) and in the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (which he was pretty funny in).

C-ya

the script in prophecy made his character too vague,and kinda look bad, like for example: on the first mission in the briefing room all he tells everyone is "THAT YOUR CONFEDS BEST WATCH YOUR BUTTS OUT THERE" i mean were the writers just rushin thru it , it had sounded so cheesy
and as far as prophecy goes i think they shoud have created a more original enemy something terran could have related with
WC3 was his best acting by far

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kichen, Vega Sector

Originally posted by Loozer
the script in prophecy made his character too vague,and kinda look bad, like for example: on the first mission in the briefing room all he tells everyone is "THAT YOUR CONFEDS BEST WATCH YOUR BUTTS OUT THERE" i mean were the writers just rushin thru it , it had sounded so cheesy
and as far as prophecy goes i think they shoud have created a more original enemy something terran could have related with
WC3 was his best acting by far

THat was because he wasn't meant to be in Prophecy. He was added later due to fan request, IIRC. SO there is a reason why his character seemed rushed.
I agree though. His best WC acting is WC3.

Mark Hamill also voices that andriod on Cartoon Network's Time Squad, the evil cat supervillian on Powerpuff Girls, did various voices for Batman aside from the Joker (He was Ferris Boyle in the very first Mr Freeze episode, for instance), He was the aforementioned Trickster on the old CBS "Flash" TV series, made a bazillion guest appearances from The Muppet Show to Amazing Stories to Phantom 2040 (which was quite good) all the way up to The Real Adventures Of Johnny Quest.

If you really wanted to hear Hamill let go in his voice acting skills, go to your local library and see if they have the NPR (National Public Radio) Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back Radio Dramas. Those things are BEAUTIFULLY done and Hamill is far, far better in them than he was in the actual films.

And, of course, my one personal gripe: No one remembered my birthday is tomorrow. Chris is only one day older. :(

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
Mark Hamill was also villian in Hamilton and i think he made pretty good job there.

Even though I know that's true, I still find it hard to believe.

I would not say he could play every role, so I voted for "certain roles"...

I have to admit that I'm too lazy to read the entire thread:D... I just want to add this:
For those of you who didn't know: He did the voiceover of a "bad guy" in the game "Full Throttle"... one of the coolest games I ever played, with a very funny story... it's a biker adventure from Lucas Arts, I think it was released in 95...

Originally posted by Jochen
I would not say he could play every role, so I voted for "certain roles"...

I have to admit that I'm too lazy to read the entire thread:D... I just want to add this:
For those of you who didn't know: He did the voiceover of a "bad guy" in the game "Full Throttle"... one of the coolest games I ever played, with a very funny story... it's a biker adventure from Lucas Arts, I think it was released in 95...

That would be Mr. Adrian Ripburger, whose great crime against humanity was his vision of changing the direction of the Corely (sp?) company from hawgs to minivans.

There were a few other trivial details such as murdering his boss with his own hands and attempting to kill said boss's daughter.

Speaking of Full Throttle, I understand its either been reissued, or will be reissued later this month. Great game.

Originally posted by Wulf
It's interesting what I miss from not looking at television credits often, because I did not know that, LOAF!:)

i do not read the creds ether but you can tell is him as the joker's voice if you listen to the voices.
ok i know a person that worked on the siries.

Happy bithday! now, let me type out the Happy Happy Birthday song by the Arrogant Worms!

Once a year we celebrate with stupid hats and plastic plates the fact that you've been able to make another trip around the sun
And the whole clan gather's round and gifts of laughter do without and we let out a joyful sound and sing that stupid song

Happy birthday, now you're one year older
Happy birthday, your life still isn't over
Happy birthday you hypnotic helpless mutt
But you did'nt die this year i guess that's good enough

So let's tribute your fading health and hope you don't remind yourself the chance of finding fame and wealth decreases with every year
So it feels like you're doing laps and eating food and taking naps and hoping that someday perhaps your life will hold some cheer

Happy birthday, what have you done that matters
Happy birthday, you're startin to get fatter
Happy birthday, it's downhill from now on
Try not to remind yourself your best years are all gone

If cryogenics were all free then you could live like walt disney and live for all eternity inside a block of ice
But instead your time is set and this is the only life you get and though it hasn't ended yet sometimes you wish it might

Happy birthday, you wish you had more money
Happy birthday, your life's so sad it's funny
Happy birthday, how much more can you take?
But your friends are hungry so just cut the stupid cake

Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday dear........

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I thought he was cool in Time Runner....

Time Runner was a hysterically dumb movie. I personally love the scene where he rescues the woman and looks completely Hannibal Lecter insane saying "I'll take you to the doctor... you'll be ok... I'll take you to the doctor...!"

Last time I checked, Hamilton doesn't have an american distributor, so I have yet to see it. :( I have heard good things though.

Hamilton is pretty much standard, as far as swedish action movies are concerned... Nothing special, except for the fact that Hamill LITERALLY punched the lead actor in the face during the recording of the movie! :)
Ok, so it was an accident brought on by the director saying that Hamill punched too far away from the other one's face, but still. Or something. Whatever. Something like that.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Even though I know that's true, I still find it hard to believe.

Mark makes a good evil bastard. Slipstream was a weird-ass failure, but he played his character to a tee.

Originally posted by LeHah

Mark makes a good evil bastard. Slipstream was a weird-ass failure, but he played his character to a tee.

I meant that it was hard to believe that Mark Hamill was in a movie called Hamilton. :)

Back