wcnews April Fool page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynaco, although not religious by any means I must insist that you have no place to imply that religion is "bad". I will not say that it is "good" either. Yes, it causes many problems, but it also leads many to healthy, productive lives. I was merely pointing out that the passage stated *proves* nothing, not saying he's wrong.

Originally posted by Mav23
... imply that religion is "bad". I will not say that it is "good" either. Yes, it causes many problems, but it also leads many to healthy, productive lives.

I fully agree. Although, all this religious warfare was prophecised by Jesus on that Mountain. "Wars and rumors of wars."

Also, the Bible traces these religious wars all the way back in Genesis. The Arabs vs. Jews things began with Ismail and the kingdom of Islam and the Bible says that everyone of Ismail will always have his hand raised against his brother. Sounds like today. The Arabs are always disagreeing and fighting people. Not to say that the Isrealis and even Christians didn't do their fair share of unnecessary violence.

However, at church, the preacher made a pretty good statement- when an Arab kills for his god, he is serving his god. When a Christian or Jew kills for his god, he is disobeying his god. Just some food for thought, I guess....

I know, I'm not a deeply religious person either. However, I dig history and am a big advocate of the Bible and its accurate history (and predictions).

Yes, it causes many problems, but it also leads many to healthy, productive lives.
Ehh, productive and helpful people would be productive and helpful even without religions shoving them along.

wow the bible contains accurate history? I gotta find me that Ark then, I know there be some phat l00t up in that bitch. Maybe find that whole Garden of Eden thing, maybe there is a giant eyeball thingy there. Best bring the snack poison pills though.

Although not an advocate for *anything* religious, as you are the bible, I certainly think that it should be read by anyone curious about it's teachings. I mean, it's good to experience all walks of life before you decide which one is right for you. I have been going to church for all of my life, and I do not agree with a lot of the churches teachings, but that's just me. I mean, a lot of others do, and that's great.

And Dynaco, once again, if I were you, I'd shut up before you get a bunch of Zealots screaming at you for your "heathen ways" ;)

Originally posted by Dynaco
Best bring the snack poison pills though.

"Snack poison pill?" The cyanide ones??

The Garden of Eden blew up with the rest of the world when God rained (reigned?) fire down and flooded everything.

Not sure on the ark, though... ask Preacher :D

Although not an advocate for *anything* religious, as you are the bible, I certainly think that it should be read by anyone curious about it's teachings. I mean, it's good to experience all walks of life before you decide which one is right for you. I have been going to church for all of my life, and I do not agree with a lot of the churches teachings, but that's just me. I mean, a lot of others do, and that's great.

And Dynaco, once again, if I were you, I'd shut up before you get a bunch of Zealots screaming at you for your "heathen ways" ;)

HAHA! On your first paragraph- I totally agree! I think that one should experience life to its fullest before making a commitment to any kind of lifestyle. I was forcefully raised Catholic and only recently became Born Again.

Even now, though, I have yet to conform totally to the lifestyle. There are many things that I have yet to get out of my system ;)

I've actually studied Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Judhaeism <sp?>. I think all but Islam are really good blueprints for how to live a life considered "clean and good." Not knocking Islam... but cutting off non-believers' heads with swords doesn't sound inviting....

As for the last paragraph- it's too bad people can't be a bit more open-minded and blindly flame someone just because they sway a different way. Although I am guilty of that from time to time :p

Snack poison pills is an inside joke to those of you who don't understand it. Has to do with my current place of employment.

Originally posted by Dynaco
Snack poison pills is an inside joke to those of you who don't understand it. Has to do with my current place of employment.

Oh. Kind of like "Chow Hall Food?"

BWAR HAR HAR!! :D

uhm... if your referring to revelations... that was a prophecy. It didn't happen ;)

It hasn't happened yet. I don't know if any of you have heard of the series of "Left Behind" books but they are based on Revelations. These prophecies may come to pass, maybe not in our life time but at some point in the future. And after reading the first nine books ( with more still to come) I gotta be honest, some of this stuff scares the piss outta me.

yes it *MAY* come to pass. But I could very well say that Marty McFly *MAY* blast from the past into my neighborhood and hand over the keys to his DeLorean Time Machine. See, I got to make a point and mention one of my favorite movies in the same post :D

And Col. Dom, when you were referring to my "last paragraph" directed at Dynaco, were you talking about what I said or what Dynaco said?

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...

It hasn't happened yet. I don't know if any of you have heard of the series of "Left Behind" books but they are based on Revelations. These prophecies may come to pass, maybe not in our life time but at some point in the future. And after reading the first nine books ( with more still to come) I gotta be honest, some of this stuff scares the piss outta me.

Yeah, it suckz when others use fear to get people to believe their beliefs.

As for when the prophecies shall occur, the Bible says four generations after Isreal becomes a nation. A lot of people are saying that is four generations since 1948, when Isreal was made a recognized nation. Some still say it's four generations from when "God's Children," (believers) come together and form a church-state.

I wasn't referring to Revelations, Mav. I think it was John or something. When Jesus was on the mountain with his disciples!

We need Preacher on this, as he no doubt has more knowledge on this than I. Where is he when ya' need him!? :p

Originally posted by Col.Dom

As for when the prophecies shall occur, the Bible says four generations after Isreal becomes a nation. A lot of people are saying that is four generations since 1948, when Isreal was made a recognized nation. Some still say it's four generations from when "God's Children," (believers) come together and form a church-state.

I

From where do you got that shit?

yes it *MAY* come to pass. But I could very well say that Marty McFly *MAY* blast from the past into my neighborhood and hand over the keys to his DeLorean Time Machine. See, I got to make a point and mention one of my favorite movies in the same post :D

And Col. Dom, when you were referring to my "last paragraph" directed at Dynaco, were you talking about what I said or what Dynaco said?

HAHAHA! Good job incorporating your favorite movie! Quite clever :D

Oh! I was talking about what you said- the zealots thing....

Yes, that movie's great :) And regarding the Zealot's line, I wasn't really serious... I just couldn't think of anything else to say :p

Originally posted by Ghost

From where do you got that shit?

Eh, somewhere in the Bible. The four generations from Isreal becoming a nation is scripture. The interpretations are from people and preachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back