WC3 ending

I find it somewhat ironic that Paladin commented on how humanity would have to destroy all Kilrathi to win the war (back in WC1), thus making humanity no better than the cats. And in WC3, Paladin is at the head of the whole Temblor bomb project.

overmortal said:
After seeing the remains of Kilrah, I wondered why the Kilrathi didn't do something to terraform the remaining chunks of their homeworld . . . maybe even rope in most of that asteroid belt. Sure, it'd have taken quite a long time . . generations, even, to rebuild the remains of Kilrah into something remotely resembling their glorious homeworld, but at least it'd be "kilrah"

From what one could tell in WCP, Kilrah itself was still a giant ball of cooling magma. Hell, the melted crust was still spewing into orbit. But there are, if I recall correctly from the WCP map, habitable areas in the system itself. The fact that unarmed research vessels venture in the area show that there is both some interest in the Kilrathi system and a lack of precense in the area. Perhaps after the destruction of the wormhole gate, more interest would be brought to the system.

There are ways to go through the game's art files and extract the image.. It's just that the resolution would be so low it'd either look really small on your desktop, or really crappy. You're probably better off finding some sort of screen capture from the cinematics, or find some other image (rendered or from WC3) of Kilrah.

Do you think the Shivans could have defeated the Kilrathi? As shown in the final mission of FreeSpace 2, they have a fleet of ships capable of destroying a star when working together (each of them could probably blow up a planet) and pretty much all of their ships from the Lilith upward could render Kilrah uninhabitable (if the Lucifer could do it with it's puny beams, don't you think a Sathanas could do it easily?)

Dunno. But I remember reading about a (non WC) nuclear weapon that is detonated in the planet's atmosphere, and the radiation slowly kills the planet's inhabitants. Maybe that could have been used on Kilrah.

Kilrathi did that to a few Confed planets on their way to Earth before the Battle of Terra. Dirty bombs.

C-ya

Not with the entire Kilrathi battlefleet parked in orbit around Kilrah. If no ships could get in position to bombard Kilrah, all the nukes, or WC type 100 Megaton Strontium 90 clad super-nukes, would be as useful as slingshots against the Concordia .

Viper61 said:
Kilrathi did that to a few Confed planets on their way to Earth before the Battle of Terra. Dirty bombs.

C-ya

Dirty nukes you mean? Not proper nuclear weapons, but bombs that are denonated with radiation from things such as the parts from some smoke alarms, rad waste from hospitals, the stuff that makes glow in the dark watches glow and such so there is radiation in the blast, as opposed to a proper nuke?

Phillip Tanaka said:
Dunno. But I remember reading about a (non WC) nuclear weapon that is detonated in the planet's atmosphere, and the radiation slowly kills the planet's inhabitants. Maybe that could have been used on Kilrah.

Wasn't that the final scene of the movie Battlefield Earth (a.k.a. the crappiest Sci-Fi movie of all times)?

Juist kiddin' :D :D :D

Viper61 said:

They weren't dirty bombs. They were several hundred nuclear warheads fired at a planet, instantly killing most life on them.

Phillip Tanaka said:
Ugh. Doing the Kilrah canyon run at top speed would be worse than trying to avoid the homing asteroids in the first game.

You had trouble navigating the canyon? Wow . . . I thought it was too easy . . . I usually got pretty bored. And that's not trash-talking . . . I honestly would get bored making my way through that long, ugly thing.

I haven't played that one, but I always dreaded the close in combat in flight games like canyon runs and asteroid fields. So I gather it's pretty easy?

Well, first, if you stay low, you won't be spotted, so no combat. Also, the canyon is this big, wide, red walk in the park. Your "top speed" in the excal is just enough to slowly amble your way through it. There are a couple of hairpin turns, but the thing is that your speed is so slow that you can easily make them. It's an anti-climax, really.

Just stay low, or you WILL have those damned Ekapshi to deal with.

Back