WC:CD "Fan Input"

I'm back at it. I know I've been on quite the hiatus but I upgraded the comp. And low and behold cannot get screenshots in my modeling programs. I'll work on it later tonight I guess.

Oops Sorry about that. I forgot to attach a screenshot of one of the stations that you would be seeing in the game (Not available during flight sequences) but I will be including it somehow. Also I'm still working on missions script. I was able to get the friendly Capship (The Destroyer) in the game. Most of my work lately has been doing missions script and also doing voices (I was actually able to do a few of the voices myself) while I employed (At the price of beer and food) a few others to voice 2 female roles and 2 kilrathi roles. I'll try giving a sample of one of the Kilrathi friendly pilots in a few days.

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 189
Also here's a revamped version of a "Thresher" ship I was working on. Hopefully I can get this to shine and shimmer in the mod. Any help in making that happen? I'm looking to get all if not most of the Nephilim ships to illuminate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Thresh02.jpg
    Thresh02.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 186
Nice ones. :)
Btw is that Farragut Naval base?
Also, will WC:CD support OpenGL rendering like Standoff, Secret Ops and Prophecy (latter ones thanks to the patch)?

Nice ones. :)
Btw is that Farragut Naval base?
Also, will WC:CD support OpenGL rendering like Standoff, Secret Ops and Prophecy (latter ones thanks to the patch)?

Well the model is based on the original Privateer Perry naval base. With some Ferragut details used from WC Arena. I put a number 06 on it (One number after Perry Navel base). But I have not given the base a name as of yet.
Yes it will be supporting all the same drivers as Standoff, Secret Ops and Prophecy. It uses the same game engine and dynamics as Secret Ops.

I haven't updated in a bit but. Here is the updated Piranha fighter, Thought I'd put my own spin onto it. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• Pir01.jpg
    Pir01.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Pir02.jpg
    Pir02.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 193
I like the new piranha, it fits to the endtime of post prophecy, since it is an updated and tinkered fighter, with a additional exhaust. tinkering on fighters is faster and cheaper than building a new fighter, it somehow reminds me of the border worlds concept.

I like it, how are the stats? It should be faster than the original piranha

I like the new piranha, it fits to the endtime of post prophecy, since it is an updated and tinkered fighter, with a additional exhaust. tinkering on fighters is faster and cheaper than building a new fighter, it somehow reminds me of the border worlds concept.

I like it, how are the stats? It should be faster than the original piranha

I was actually thinking that it would be a little slower for the cruise speed, but afterburner would be higher, a little more armament/thicker armor/same rating for shields. And a little less manueverable than the current Piranha.

Also, I'm in the process of getting a new joystick (Something happened with my zeroing in for calibration). Any recommendations?

I prefer Microsoft Sidewinder Joysticks, but that is just my personal taste. Try to get a USB Stick cheap on ebay, lot of people are selling their joysticks, because in modern games you don't need them anymore.

how is the overall progress of the mod by now? I somehow feel that you are "just" modeling ship after ship after ship. When do you think, you can release? how is the voice acting doing?

Also, I'm in the process of getting a new joystick (Something happened with my zeroing in for calibration). Any recommendations?

There are actually now very, very good joysticks on the market... Better then 10 years ago, when you could find lots of cheap cool looking joysticks that lasted about 6 hours of play... Ofcourse they(Saitek, thrustmaster) are expensive.. Secondhand you should be able to find a Thrustmaster X-fighter or Logitech Wingman Extreme for a few dollars.

This is the Tigershark I've been working on, I added 2 physical Ion Cannons, (due to the poly count) If they are removed I was thinking on just redoing the outer wing areas to make them look more like the original high poly 3d model, Let me know what you think.

Included in the last image is one of the original concept art of the ship. Notice the rounded wings. Let me know what you think before I insert this into the secret ops vision engine.

Attachments

• Tiger01.jpg
    Tiger01.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Tiger02.jpg
    Tiger02.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Tiger03.jpg
    Tiger03.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 187
  • tigershark_old.png
    tigershark_old.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 161
I like the updated model with the two guns so far.
I think a confed star on each wing and a "shark face" (like on the thunderbolt in wc3) would look nice on the nose of the TigerSHARK. ;)

Here's an update to the Tigershark. I figured since it had some rocket pod projectiles. Why not make it look like a missile platform. Also to Triple-B, at the moment I'm leaving any insignias off. Also, the Devastator already has the shark teeth. I don't want togo overboard with teeth.

Attachments

• Tiger4.jpg
    Tiger4.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 173
Here's another update. In adding to the Tigershark, I figured I'd make it look something more of a missile platform. Just by adding the projectile tubes above. The second image looks pretty intimitading.

Also, I'm sorry Triple I've already got enough teeth on ships, Devastator & Thunderbolt. No more teeth. This one has no dentures and no real teeth.

Third image has the confed insig

Attachments

• Tiger4.jpg
    Tiger4.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Tiger5.jpg
    Tiger5.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Tiger6.jpg
    Tiger6.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 165
Back