WC: Arena - A New Golden Age For Fans

Arena looks like a lot of fun. I like how they seem to be respecting the universe and continuity of the series.
I think this is the most important factor when you make a game in the same universe - the continuity. The particular game style or type isn't as important. Not to say I wouldn't vastly prefer a real space combat sim, but Arena still looks great!

I hope if there's a re-release of Wing Commander, EA handles it as well as the Command and Conquer DVD compilation. That game was practically the perfect re-release. Hopefully also they'll use the DVD WC4 cutscenes if they do that, as well.

I know I will be banned for for this, and I apologize beforehand to whom I offend, but I must state my opnion on this.
In all honesty, I know i'm not nearly as smart as most people here, but all I can see here is little more than what looks like a cheap, souless ripoff of a game we all treasure.

Just because you say something, doesn't make it so or anything anyone should respect. You didn't cite any ideas or evidence, you didn't give reasons to why you think that.

Stop being a jerk.

Come now, LeHah, how could he establish his cred as an original gangsta without bashing the new game he hasn't played yet? He just reppin' the old school, dogg. Now that he's made his status known, I think we should all defer to Tyrant, as he is clearly a superfan, who liked the band *before* they got popular and sold out.

You're not going to be banned, but it would be respectable if you could *quantify* your point. How does your claim work, in comparison to screenshots with all the classic ships and weapons and such, and the previews that say the game works very well and will appeal to longtime fans?

That's the key here -- are you just here to be depressing, or do you have a valid point? You haven't shown us anything.

LIke I said, i'm just dubious about ARENA. I will say this though, I really do hope it suceeds.
(The only thing that sucks about from where i'm at is the my 360 broke down a day ago. Gotta love convient machine fuck ups) Eh, Just delete my massage anyway. Sorry for causing the grief

That is terrible, I'm sorry. Will Microsoft replace it? I've heard they're good about that.

But it is important to get this kind of stuff out. I'm lucky, I got to play it... most people have just seen some screenshots and a video or so, they can't possibly be sold by that. This is exactly the right forum for talking about what worries us about the future game... we just have to do it in a helpful manner.

Thanks for the concern, Mr. Loaf. Yeah, my Xbox is being repaired under warrenty. If i'm lucky, it'll be at the repair shop by monday morning. Dont know for how long though

Really? You know, you should get that checked out.
Also, my opnion dosent really hold water.(just wating for to yell at me because of dumb age)
Oh, yeah, I laughed hard at frosty's comment. I'm not even really an old school fan.(read:age, hell WC1 and WC2 came before I was born anyway)

Also, my opnion dosent really hold water.(just wating for to yell at me because of dumb age)

Don't worry about your age -- I was even younger when I started doing this. I've seen young kids who were absolutely on the ball when people twice their age were complete idiots. You won't lose respect here for happening to have been born later. It's all in how you post.

I'll admit, it's kind of scary and also neat that there's a WC fan who's younger than the series.

24,000 points! Wow! That's got to be a record for our little group.

Also, it's great to see you again!

Wow, SXGlory. It's wonderful to see Arena is pulling all these old WC fans out of the woodwork :).

Been keeping a regular read of the site over the last few years. But haven't really been active online (at least not outside of gaming).

And thanks LOAF, good to see the work you and the rest have kept up all these years.

Looks like I'll have quite a few GamerTags to add to my friends' list when I get home tonight (Thank the Gods for USB keyboards).

*looks* at my puny score*
Uh, yeah, you could kick my ass. Also, not to try to derail the thread too much, but what did you think about Perfect Dark Zero? I didnt think it was great(Bad graphics, lousy gameplay,horrible cutscenes. also, to clarifly on the graphics, the anti-alising, least for me, since we dont use an HD tv, it was really terrible. On the gameplay, the chareters seemed too restricted in movement. Gun selection kinda sucked, too. Yeah, all in days work)(Feel free to shoot this minor critique down):)

Back