WC Animation Fan Project Script (Need Critique and Assistance!)

Originally posted by TC
You have stupid English teachers... 'Got' is a perfectly legitimate word that has it's proper uses.

Sad thing is, it wasn't English teachers. They didn't have anything like that at UTLC. The subjects I took up were Government, Law and Philosophy. I got away with it a lot more in my Writer's Workshop in college, and the Creative Writing was anything goes.

Man, I'm sorry I brought up 'got' now. Yes, its perfectly fine as a word, yes I use it in everyday life. But like i said, 'got' is frowned upon in most writing styles. I was just pointing it out because when you have something as short as an animated clip, everything the characters say is taken into the audiences opinion of them. You don't have time to set up personalities or drives, so everything that happens in that short movie, everything the character says and does has to be in his personality. Every word has to be chosen correctly to reflect what you want to convey about your character. If you want to reflect that the pilot is a simplistic person, not very seasoned and not a very by the book on the comms , 'got' is fine. You just have to choose your words wisely as they are the only things that reflect to the audience the personality of your character.

C-ya

Originally posted by KrisV
Better fix that "it's" before some ass hat points it out.

Anything pointing out language related stupidity is required to have an error it it... It's the law.

What do you folks think of the model rotation?

Wait... guess not much, since everyone's seen the model before haha

let's see... ok

now, 3-5 minutes would be pretty long to me, being weaned on Spacebattles 1-2 minutes animations.

let's see, try adding "bull" in front of "shit"

delete "what" in front of "why"

or delete why instead of what, but with both sound strange...

"space scum?" change

scroll down

an Excalibur is killed by a Drathi?

down somemore

Confed fighters playin music on a patrol? I dunno...

"I got your wing"?

"on" is better than "got"

down to 20

"I've" is better than "I"

I dunno, scum sounds wierd.

"furball" maybe?

Yup, dat about it.

You gotta realize that I have to compromise between the people who've played Wing Commander and the people who haven't. I'm blurring the technicalities of things for the sake of a more visually interesting movie.

So you WILL see a Dralthi blow away an Excalibur. :)

But the script I'm sure to be changing quite a bit, so hold tight!

Originally posted by dacis2
an Excalibur is killed by a Drathi?

it is quite possible that an excal can get blown away by a Dralthi, even more so if the Dralthi gets the drop on the excal, which is what happens in the script. the excal ain't invincible ya know.

Originally posted by Cam
You gotta realize that I have to compromise between the people who've played Wing Commander and the people who haven't. I'm blurring the technicalities of things for the sake of a more visually interesting movie.

Yeah, I'm enjoying watching the sets of comments on the two different forums...

Re: Updated Mesh Rotation

Originally posted by Cam
Okay the link I posted earlier will now be invalid.

I've now uploaded a new rotation, featuring both my Vampire AND my Excalibur, and it's a 7.41 MB mpg file! 2 for the price of one half! Heheheh n/m...

Enjoy!

http://camw.scifi-art.com/display/rotation_test.mpg

thye look really good but my only problem with it is the mouth on the Excalibur... it looks like a little corny... i never understood why the military would do that... but it looks good

Heh, it's odd, I've been doing things in reverse order lately. Here's the end dialogue by the TNN newscaster as it is in my script:

"...Confederation officials say at least twelve people died this morning when a group of Kilrathi spacecraft ambushed a convoy in Tyr system. Confederation forces managed to save the convoy after a heated battle. This raid is the first in two months and comes amidst a Confederation crackdown on interstellar piracy. In a response to this morning’s events, Confederation spokeswoman Dana Marshall stated, “This morning’s raid steels our resolve that piracy in the frontier must be routed out and eliminated once and for all.” The Confederation hopes that today’s successful defense will set an example for things to come. Celina Marshall, TNN News."

Tell me if it's too long you guys, I'm debating whether to cut it down or not because of its length. It IS supposed to be some sort of tie-in with the beginning and a way to end the video, so it shouldn't be brutally long but it shouldn't be so short that it carries no discernable message. I'm thinking it's bordering on too long right now.

That sounds fine, Cam, but I think you should change Tyr to a different system now - otherwise, it might end up getting left in there by accident, like "TCS Tiger Claw" in the WC movie ;).

Originally posted by Cam
Heh, it's odd, I've been doing things in reverse order lately. Here's the end dialogue by the TNN newscaster as it is in my script:

"...Confederation officials . . .

It is a tad long, but it just depends on what you have on screen at the time, like have her voicing over the very end of the battle when the Vamps are mopping up the raiders or something. Just avoid 'dead screen' :)

It would be kindof cool if you could makeup the news set from WC3 and have the anchorwoman there, with a shot of the ambush cleanup in one of those picture-in-picture things in the upper right corner that news shows do. Asking alittle much huh :).

C-ya

Back