The Vesuvii post-SO

BlackJack2063 said:
An off topic question, where are the launch tubes on the Bengal class carriers, it recovers on the big deck, but it launches from tubes, sortal like the Midway.

The Bengals' launch tubes are on the port and starboard sides of the ships. It's the same as in the Academy TV show, as well.

Eh, WCATV never knew where to launch from, sometimes it was from the sides, sometimes from the "wings", but I do like their concept of the Bengal. It just looks sleek and lethal.

C-ya

I never have seen the TV show, one of my friends made fun of it alot though.
The Tiger's Claw was my favorite carrier, it was the weakest of course, but that was the game.
Of course, I liked Halcyon too. Especially when he talked about Maniac, "Use your guns, he's not worth the missiles."

Despite some shoddy animation, WCATV was actually damned entertaining.

Actually, if you count all the guns on a bengal class ship that are seen in the blueprints, the thing is damn near invincible.

Lionheart said:
The Vesuvius is way prettier than the Midway. The Midway looks like a giant pair of pants. :p

The ability to destroy a planet is as nothing compared to the power of my pants!

Ijuin said:
The ability to destroy a planet is as nothing compared to the power of my pants!

My pants are heavily shielded and carry a firepower greater than half a star fleet. It's defenses are designed around a direct large-scale assault.

Sylvester said:
Well, if they were refitted, it would most likely be with ion guns.

Why ions? Dual Tachyon Cannon turrets seem pretty popular for anti-fighter work, and they're stull using laser turrets on most other craft. The AMGs are basically uprated Particle Cannons anyways, and we know those are used on the Plunketts.

I think the only heavy ion cannons we saw in the series was in WC4, in which the Longbow was outfitted with 'em.

In that case, I don't think they'd trade AM guns for them;they'd sacrifice the offensive punch, unless they've decided to convert the Vesuvius into some standard heavy carrier of sorts.

Lynx said:
In that case, I don't think they'd trade AM guns for them;they'd sacrifice the offensive punch, unless they've decided to convert the Vesuvius into some standard heavy carrier of sorts.

Medium Ions are on the Midway for 'anti-capship' purposes, though I'd prefer the dual-tachyons or similar for their extra punch. Or just the 3 dual-mount heavy particle cannons the Plunketts carry. :D I think of those as uprated AMGs.

Back