The Landreich "Republic" vs. The Union of Border Worlds

yep, i like the explaination that confed wasn't totally in the war with the UBW.

from what we hear about the leadership machinations, it is far from a transparent, honest and liberal organisation, but its 'the best we've got' and for a while was pacified with common enemies threatening armageddon.

i think various leadership disputes and political ambitions were due to the success of the BW ship making it all the way to earth..

the losing cutscene where the whole fleet is amassed is different, b/c there tolwyn wins legitimacy and a mandate from the senate, so all forces under all commands are committed...

i think prior to that, various ambitious challengers to tolwyn's unmittigated power probably liked to see the UBW score victories, and expose some attrocities on his behalf. they probably didn't envisage anything as complete as what eventuated, but it definately helped.

of course, this is almost an aside, because tolwyn instigated the war of course, with covert units and commands that no-one else, including confed, knew about...

This is just a thought, I dont know how accurate it is in the Universe, but has ne 1 ever entertained the Idea that the Union of Border Worlds COULD BE Landriech?

F4U Corsair said:
This is just a thought, I dont know how accurate it is in the Universe, but has ne 1 ever entertained the Idea that the Union of Border Worlds COULD BE Landriech?

If you read not only the WC4 novel that LOAF pulls info from, but also FC, FA and AS you get lots of tidbits that clarify the differences in the two entities. Landreich is considerably older than the UBW in wc4 (decades vs a few weeks)

UBW did gain a tech boost that might gain them few edges over Landreich. First the bio-convergence tehnology, the corpses and bio weapons found on BL transport. The scientist who was kidnapped from UBW lab helped to modify the weapon. I am sure that other UBW scientist can come up with few interesting things, which would give them edge over everybody else. Keep in mind that desperate man can do many things and I am sure UBW would never want loose its autonomy to anybody ever.
Second the entire tech gained from BL ships and few confed ships. Mostly the better M/AM engine, superior cloak, Tachyon Detection Grid, flash pack & fission guns.
Third some modern Confed Fighters Hellcats, Bearcats & T-Bolts.

You wouldn't use bio-convergence unless you want Confed and possibly what's left of the Kilrathi fleet attacking you, along with a civil war.

Why they were studying it before BL came along and decided to use it for its own purpose. Besides its nano tech, only it deals with organic materials instead of say metals or minerals, well that was my impression anyway.

I always thought bio-convergence was a Black Lance excluisive. Another thing is if the UBW uses bio-convergence they have to worry about their worlds being infected as well.

No no you mean the weapon, but bio-convergence as tehnology is another thing it as saying nuclear power is used only for A-bombs. Btw you could use it to fight cancer or well there are lot of options and I think G.E. project would be in similar field.

Yoe two really know nothing of what you're talking about. G.E. has nothing to do with the nano bioweapons. And using it is something that only madmen would even consider.

Next thing we know, you are suggesting black fuel.

Back