RSI Pledge Thread

30 min past... 2 Million reached!!! GZ folks!!!

The new Strech Goals:

We Have Liftoff!”
Initial Goal – $2+ million Pledged
Community Updates
Star Citizens will get to play in the multiplayer Alpha (12 months)
Star Citizens will receive access to the 30-mission Wing Commander/Squadron 42 campaign (18 months)
$2.25 million – Everybody gets a robot! Backers will start with a Class I Repair Bot, in their garage.
$2.5 million – Star Citizen will launch with 35 star systems to explore.
$2.75 million – 500 extra credits at launch for all backers!
“One Small Step For Man…”
Stretch Goal 1 – $3+ million Pledged
Increased Community Updates!
Star Citizens will get to play in the multiplayer Alpha (12 months)
Star Citizens will receive access to the Wing Commander/Squadron 42 campaign (18 months)
Additional base type: hidden smuggler asteroids.
Two additional flyable ships on launch (total of twelve.)
40 missions in Squadron 42
$3.25 million – An additional 42-page fiction manual in the style of Claw Marks available digitally / Additional base type: can you discover the alien derelict…
$3.5 million – Extended hardcore flight sim controller support. Flight chairs, multiple monitors, Track-IR. MDF panels and more on launch. / Largest playable ship: corvette.
$3.75 million – Largest playable ship: destroyer.
“… A Tall Ship and a Star to Steer Her By”
Stretch Goal 2 – $4+ million Pledged
Increased Community Updates!Star Citizens will get to play in the multiplayer Alpha (12 months)Creation of Professional Mod Tools provided free to players
Monthly Dev. Team Webcasts
Star Citizens will receive access to the Wing Commander/Squadron 42 campaign (18 months)
Richer Storyline
Four additional flyable ships on launch (total of fourteen.)
Introduce the Kr’tak Aliens
50 missions in Squadron 42
$4.25 million – Star Citizen will match Privateer, with 70 star systems to explore on launch.
$4.5 million – The first Squadron 42 mission disk, Behind Enemy Lines, available for free to all backers upon release. A 16-mission campaign in the style of The Secret Missions.
$4.75 million – Additional base type: Vanduul trading post
“Have Starship Will Travel…”
Stretch Goal 3 – $5+ million Pledged
Tablet companion Application to check on your inventory, commision or find missions and get the galactic news feed
Increased Community Updates!Star Citizens will get to play in the multiplayer Alpha (12 months)Creation of Professional Mod Tools provided free to players
Monthly Dev. Team Webcasts
Monthly Town Hall Meeting with Chris Roberts
Celebrity voice-acting for Squadron 42; we will bring back at least one favorite from Wing Commander!
50 Missions in Squadron 42
Star Citizens will receive access to the Wing Commander/Star Citizen universe for online persistent play (30 months)
Privateer-like gameplay
Online Ship Marketplace
Multiple Star Systems to Explore – 80 star systems
$5.25 million – Largest playable ship: cruiser
$5.5 million – Professional motion capture for the Squadron 42 cutscenes. It’s the next best thing to Mark Hamill and a green screen!
$5.75 million – Exclusive RECORD BREAKER ship skin and 1000 additional credits on launch for all backers.
“To Infinity And Beyond…”
Stretch Goal 4 – $6+ million (Locked)
Star Citizen will improve on Privateer, with 100 star systems to explore on launch.
Atmospheric missions included with Squadron 42.
Bengal carrier unlocked for persistent universe play.

I threw in for $250 and sent in my resume. Looking forward to being involved, either as a tester or something more.

Well hell, folks...we've got another four million to raise and only 15 days in which to do it...we seriously need to get crackin'...

*sigh* my only hope is that the 'investors' waiting until they see 'enough' fan support/backers will jump in, and contributions they provide go toward the stretch goals and aren't a hidden separate thing, because those stretch goals look sweet.

The stretch goals are for us to help hit! The major outside investors wouldn't be sending in millions of extra dollars via Kickstarter or Paypal. :)

I can't do any more. I can't...But those other ships do entice me...NO DON'T DO IT!!! Heehee...hanging out with the crew for half a day would be cool though....

$2.25 million – Everybody gets a robot! Backers will start with a Class I Repair Bot, in their garage.
Less than 80k to this mark...sweet.​

So, with the new 2.500 $ pledge level "In the distant future" it's confirmed that the 42 page "Squadron 42" is something different than the "Making of" book...and now I'm sad I bought the 250$ pledge instead of the 125 $.

Edit: Also, the "add ship" pledge prices are too high I think...

I thought the "add ship" pledge prices were just right... (the point is to get lots of money to fund the game) but if there's something you want, you need to ask! Various manuals could possibly be addons too, just like ships.

Yeah, I asked about the manual in the Q&A thread from LOAF on the RSI site. I also read the answer to why the add ship prices are as high as they are...still think they're too high but maybe that's just me. I'm thinking of adding an Origin 300i...

I thought the "add ship" pledge prices were just right... (the point is to get lots of money to fund the game) but if there's something you want, you need to ask! Various manuals could possibly be addons too, just like ships.

In that case, I want the ship blueprints as an addon. I dont really want another ship in game to start with, but I would be happy to splash out some more to add those blueprints to my Wingnut package.

In that case, I want the ship blueprints as an addon. I dont really want another ship in game to start with, but I would be happy to splash out some more to add those blueprints to my Wingnut package.

They'll probably have them in an online store later... But yeah, something that adds all the manuals and blueprints would be awesome. (actually I think the new 2500 dollar one has them all ;) )

Anybody else having problems reaching RSI at the moment?

Occurs to me that a fair number of folks who frequent this site live along the U.S. East Coast; hope y'all are safe right now.

Ok, my money is there it seems.
So here's my next problem:
I tried amazon payments but it seems there is a problem of some sort with it, I can't add my bank account. I'm in contact with the amazon support already but I fear it won't work.

I'm now going to ask a friend for helping me out with his paypal or credit card (I'll have to get one of these eventually I guess...)
Here's my question about paypal: Does the paypal email adress have to be the same as the one I used to register? If yes then I'm screwed.

If I pay via credit card, is there an option to pay in Euros somewhere? I only see the prices in Dollars now, and I just want to give my friend 200€ cash, instead of some strange computed number based on Euro -> Dollar conversion. I have never payed that way in my life so I'd appreciate if someone tells me how this works. With paypal it seems I can choose, but what about credit card?

You gotta hand it to these guys: they convinced me to cough up another $25 with the new add-ons. I'm hoping they get the next $200,000 so we get the persistent universe.

Back