Raptors Firing Arcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gastpaulchen

Hi, at first i´ve to thank you for this great mod.

But now my question ;). Would it be possible to change the mass driver cannon from the raptor a little bit. It is nearly impossible to hit something with full guns. :(

I know, the Raptor is just a Simulator, but if you might find some time... ;)

Well, fixing the Raptor would require us to resize it... which we're not going to do, because we want all the ships to be drawn to scale, for once :).

Quarto said:
Well, fixing the Raptor would require us to resize it... which we're not going to do, because we want all the ships to be drawn to scale, for once :).

Wouldn´t it be possible to move the Mass Driver a little bit more inside, such as it was in Wing Commander 1? Maybe you can put some missiles at the pylons instead?

Okay, i know this is a lot of work for an simulator ship, but since the Raptor is my favourite ship, i hope you understand my penetrance.

No, it wouldn't, because the bullets come out from the guns, which are a part of the mesh. We could, of course, make the bullets come out from elsewhere... but we want them to come out of the guns.

Sounds logical :D

At least Raptors Cockpit really looks great ;)

But maybe i could ask you another question. I´ve asked it once before, but it is long ago and i didn´t find the Thread anymore:

I finished Standoff Ep 2 and now i´am a little bit bored ;). So i thought i should extract the files and use the Standoff Ships in normal WCSO. But anytime i´ve tried to extract the TRE file with the Tre Manager the program crashed after some files. Could you tell me, which program do you use and were i can download it? Or could you give me at least a hint? It´s very frustrating.

Oh, and sorry for my bad english. ;)

I have to agree. Hitting anything with either the Raptor or Hornet is impossible. Plus, for some reason no targeting diamond appears when i'm glying the Gladius.

Fatcat said:
Plus, for some reason no targeting diamond appears when i'm glying the Gladius.
Hehe, I had to work hard to disable it :D Some ships are not supposed to have ITTS, but WCP/SO spoiled you with all ships having it... so I had to hack the game to remove it.

So that's normal ;)

Hehe, I had to work hard to disable it Some ships are not supposed to have ITTS, but WCP/SO spoiled you with all ships having it... so I had to hack the game to remove it.

Curse you, Popsicle Pete. At least patch the Hornet so it has the correct armaments. (Other than that, Standoff has been fantastic)

Hmm... I found those both neutron guns very funny (even if i hit nothing). And since there is a difference of some years between WC1 and Standoff it is absolutely possible, that Confed update their ships.

I have to agree with Gastpaulchen that fixing the Raptor would be well worth the effort, it being the best WC fighter of all time and all. And does the Wraith have an official source? I've never heard of it until Standoff.

McGruff said:
I have to agree with Gastpaulchen that fixing the Raptor would be well worth the effort, it being the best WC fighter of all time and all.
The best WC fighter of fifteen years before our plot, anyway :p (which is also the reason for the Hornet's updated armament).

We're not making any changes to the Raptor... it's not my fault Origin drew a ship whose cannons are 10 meters above the cockpit and 20 meters apart from each other. :p

In WC1 this problem doesn't appear, because the ship wasn't actually 3D. In Standoff, we even got benevolent and fixed half of it, making the guns converge horizontally at around half their range. The other half, the vertical distance, will stay unfixed. There's never been any converge in any WC game, so we're already screwing it up too much just to make an obsolete fighter feel powerful.

And yeah, the Wraith in Standoff is based on the Academy prototype version.

But maybe it would be possible (not now, but maybe later) to change the mass driver, that they don´t firing straight forward, but a little bit in the direction of the crosshair (like an X-Wing ;) ) Sorry, i do not want to disturb you, maybe it is better, if i shut up right now :D

But there was another question of mine in this thread. Could anyone help me. Then i´am able to help myself with the mass driver problem and won´t bother you anymore. ;)

Just making the simulator Raptor's four guns fire simultaneously would help a lot, instead of the neutrons firing, then the mass drivers a split second later.

No this wouldn´t help, because the Massdriver firing elsewhere, but not at your target. You have no choice but to use just your neutron guns, so that you got a better firing rate.

Oh... Gastpaulchen... Thats me... :)

Fatcat said:
Curse you, Popsicle Pete. At least patch the Hornet so it has the correct armaments. (Other than that, Standoff has been fantastic)
The way we see it, the Hornet does have the correct armaments - for 2668.

Gastpaulchen said:
But maybe it would be possible (not now, but maybe later) to change the mass driver, that they don´t firing straight forward, but a little bit in the direction of the crosshair (like an X-Wing).
That's exactly what happens, though. The guns fire in the direction of the crosshair, so that at some distance from the firing ship, the bullets will actually meet.

I finished Standoff Ep 2 and now i´am a little bit bored. So i thought i should extract the files and use the Standoff Ships in normal WCSO. But anytime i´ve tried to extract the TRE file with the Tre Manager the program crashed after some files. Could you tell me, which program do you use and were i can download it? Or could you give me at least a hint? It´s very frustrating.
Try using the "extract some files" option - when you extract everything from a large TRE file, Treman will generally break down and cry (doesn't happen with the original WCP/SO TRE files... guess ours aren't quite 100% identical). But if you only extract a few files at a time, you'll have no trouble.

The way we see it, the Hornet does have the correct armaments - for 2668.

To Fatcat's defense, the Hornets we see in False Colors do have exactly the same armaments as the ones in the original game -- but I don't think that's really the end all of deciding what weapons later Hornets should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back