Question on Open GL v1.2.2 for WCSO

DefianceIndustries

Rear Admiral
Hi quick question for the folks who worked on the open GL patch; Does it support normal mapping?

I was looking at the encyclopedia entry for the 1.2.2 version of the patch and it mentioned full transparency, specular lighting, and particle effects but didn't mention normal maps. I would assume that means that they aren't but you know what they say about assumptions...:D

Pedro

Admiral
Hi quick question for the folks who worked on the open GL patch; Does it support normal mapping?

I was looking at the encyclopedia entry for the 1.2.2 version of the patch and it mentioned full transparency, specular lighting, and particle effects but didn't mention normal maps. I would assume that means that they aren't but you know what they say about assumptions...:D

Not normal maps, no. Standoff did use specular maps by using the unused palette entry with a special identifier to signify that a texture was a standoff one, and then the ID of the specular map, the technique was never extended normal maps as they require tangent space vectors in addition to your standard lighting normals.

DefianceIndustries

Rear Admiral
I was thinking about using the vision engine to do a post-secret ops mod focusing on some of the events mentioned in Star Soldier. But along with that I wanted to add more detailed models, an "HD" upgrade of sorts. In order to achieve some of that detail without going too crazy on poly counts, normal mapping is a good alternative.