Question on Open GL v1.2.2 for WCSO

DefianceIndustries

Rear Admiral
Hi quick question for the folks who worked on the open GL patch; Does it support normal mapping?

I was looking at the encyclopedia entry for the 1.2.2 version of the patch and it mentioned full transparency, specular lighting, and particle effects but didn't mention normal maps. I would assume that means that they aren't but you know what they say about assumptions...:D

Hi quick question for the folks who worked on the open GL patch; Does it support normal mapping?

I was looking at the encyclopedia entry for the 1.2.2 version of the patch and it mentioned full transparency, specular lighting, and particle effects but didn't mention normal maps. I would assume that means that they aren't but you know what they say about assumptions...:D

Not normal maps, no. Standoff did use specular maps by using the unused palette entry with a special identifier to signify that a texture was a standoff one, and then the ID of the specular map, the technique was never extended normal maps as they require tangent space vectors in addition to your standard lighting normals.

I was thinking about using the vision engine to do a post-secret ops mod focusing on some of the events mentioned in Star Soldier. But along with that I wanted to add more detailed models, an "HD" upgrade of sorts. In order to achieve some of that detail without going too crazy on poly counts, normal mapping is a good alternative.

Back