Matrix Reloaded (some spoilers of course)

Have you watched it?

• Yes!

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Uhmm... not yet.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Watch what?

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, people!

Just watched the movie today, and, speculating with a friend, we came up with a REAL crazy (but COOL) theory! It uses the idea of the "Real World" being some extension of the Matrix, but with some add-ons. Sorry, I did't read the entire thread, so if someone came up with something like this before, I apologise.

EVERYTHING IS A VIDEOGAME!!!!

Neo is the main character, and the only playable character in the game. He is the only one that has doubts, the only one to really question things (even the Oracle), and, most importantly, the only one that really makes choices! On the other hand, any other character, human or program, is always focused, always decisive, as if there were no other way... As if they were following the script, for crying out loud!!! As if they were not real, just... Well, just as NPCs in any interactive movie! If you are in this forum, you people surelly know about that, huh? :D

Then, Neo gets to the final choice... And it really looks like.. say... Streets of Rage! You can choose to join the villain, wich leads you back to the start of the game (but keeping your score and experience - that seems what the previous Ones did, hence Neo's aparent increased power compared to them), i.e., following the Architect's wishes and reseting the Matrix. Or you can choose to defy the villain, and get ahead (the choice of Neo?).

Everything in the (suposed) game looks like bound to lead Neo to the presence of the Architec, and making him choose the "wrong" choice. That little conversation of Neo and that old one (Counselor? Sorry, can't remember his title... And I watched the movie just today, jeez!!!), trying to make he believe that humans and machines need to coexist... His cooperation with denizens of the Matrix, like the Oracle and the Keymaker... And the Architect's statement that the "other" choice would terminate humankind. And I REALLY belive he was BLUFFING on that one!!!

So what? The game keeps "looping", until the player learns that the other choice was the right one! Or just the one that will lead him to the next stage... :D

Well, that`s it! :D

Hmm...yes. (rubs chin) The User put in some cheat codes to make Neo do some crazy shiznit. As a result, some of the game characters knew what was going on, but not the cause...and that's how the Prophecy came to be, gentlemen. All this because someone who sucked at the game looked at a FAQ and put in some codes. Hmmmmm...:rolleyes:

Did someone changed this thread's name?

I don't remember putting (some spoilers of course) in the thread name.

Well, I just watched it last Wednesday,
and going to watch it again next Monday!

I think the idea of a world being a video game was already done in Reboot...

And yes, the subject was changed, for obvious reasons.

Well if you want to get technical, the movie "Tron" was probably the first to depict a world inside of a computer. The trick about the Matrix is that it is OUR familiar everyday world that is the simulation--that we are actually all dreamers in one big collective dream. As one ancient Chinese philosopher said, "I had a dream that I was a butterfly. But am I the man dreaming that he was the butterfly, or am I the butterfly dreaming that he is a man?"

What about the rave/"sex" scene? I thought that was too long of a scene to make just only one point: humans have emotions and are different than machines... :rolleyes:

For some reason the rave scene gave me flashbacks of "Battlefield Earth." I guess perhaps the whole "tribal" feeling to it reminded me of the ape-ish "acting" of the human tribes in Battlefield some reason.

<Agent Smith> "Hello manhuman Anderson!" ::shiver::

Crap-lousy ceiling!

Everyone dislikes the "rave" scene. I think it was basicly put in there because the movie has no "pop culture" music in it until the end titles (Get it? They end the movies with a Rage Against The Machine song? Ha ha ha... not funny...) and they dragged it out because people like bad techno and sweaty people dancing.

I, however, can do without seeing Keanu Reeve's ass. UGH.

I didn't appreciate the sex scene. Even with making the point of difference between Humans and Machines, I think it was ultimately unnecessary.

Didn't really like the Zion dance party thing either. Hey, I noticed that it seems like the only fair-haired 'white' people you see are the ones inside the Matrix... I'm certainly not complaining, but is that supposed to be making yet another subtle point?

Anyway, I like the line from Smith, "I am a new man... so to speak." :)

Originally posted by Wedge009

Smith is by far my favorite character. It's just his dry, "Robocop-ish" sense of humor. :)

Well, he's a 'baddie', and I've always favoured the 'good guys'. Nevertheless, as far as bad guys go, I think Smith has to be one of my favourites. The ultra-cool, controlled and deliberate way in which he interrogates Neo in the original is one of my favourite scenes, and a far cry from a drag queen in Priscilla. Great job, Mr Weaving! :)

Didn't really like the Zion dance party thing either. Hey, I noticed that it seems like the only fair-haired 'white' people you see are the ones inside the Matrix... I'm certainly not complaining, but is that supposed to be making yet another subtle point?
If you watched the animatrix stuff the robots "settled in the cradle of humanity". I.E. Africa. So maybe somehting to do with that?

I didn't appreciate the sex scene. Even with making the point of difference between Humans and Machines, I think it was ultimately unnecessary.

Well watch the making of documentary on The Matrix DVD and the Wachowski Bros. discuss how when doing scenes in the Matrix (especially the Agent training scene) they wanted to get all twins/doubles of everybody to make the Matrix a monotone look. And the white hair, i guess, represents a boring color having no life showing the Matrix as a slavery.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
...the Agent training scene...
Yay, Martin Place. :)

Originally posted by T8H3X11
And the white hair, i guess, represents a boring color having no life showing the Matrix as a slavery.
Mmm, 'black' people free, 'white' people in slavery. Interesting...

Mmm, 'black' people free, 'white' people in slavery. Interesting...

Also of note: Operators and ship captains tend to be African Americans.

I think you guys are reading too much into it. But maybe the creators were trying to make some racial point.

I wasn't reading into anything. It was a simple observation, and I was wondering if the makers were trying to make a point.

I wasn't reading into anything. It was a simple observation, and I was wondering if the makers were trying to make a point.

They probably were. But I don't think a racial point. More like making the Matrix look bland using white as the representing color.

Back