Lost fighter?

Ferrets

Yes, but there's one thing nobody realizes. All it would've taken was a refit of the Super Ferret to have a ship that could outfly (even in atmosphere, remember Ferrets WERE atmosphere capable, though they would fly like bullets and burn much fuel), outshoot (assuming a decent refit), and just plain outdo the Hellcat V. The Hellcat was, is, and always will be a mistake in the history of the Terran Confederation.

P.S. The same could easily apply even better to the Epee if you want a more comparable fighter, but I wholly prefer Ferrets.

Even though I like the Hellcat very little I think you're exaggerating a bit here. I mean come on, a Ferret? A ship with only one VDU? :D

I think it would need a major refit the make the Ferret comparable to the Hellcat it it was possible at all.

Try Rapiers. They're probably pretty aerodynamic and are already armed properly. Software upgrades along with some new weapons and guns might do the trick a little better.

The Hellcat is what it is, though: a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none that can, with a competent pilot, get the job done. That doesn't mean I like them, but they're still a capable airframe.

It could be worse, people. You could be stuck flying Scimitars, or worse yet, early Dralthis.

Ah I don't know - the Scimitar at least was a real step up in terms of armament and protection compared to the Hornet.
Early Dralthi though - shudder. :)

Back