Lexington may have reached Kilrah?

lexington would make a really good story

didnt the mantu and the nephilim both come from behind kilrathi space (in relation to confed space) ? if so there could be a nice fan fic based game/mod on that. their encounters while alone and lost, etc.

-scheherazade

Originally posted by Stryker
That makes no sense thow. How can a carrier take out a hole planet simply by blowing it's self up? I don't remember any of the game ever explaining how they figured this was going to be complished.

A wizard did it.

I don't know how the Kilrathi would get a Temblor bomb but even if they did, they wouldn't be able to use it on Earth. The Temblor bomb worked on Kilrah because Kilrah was seismically unstable, compared the Earth, perhaps the Behemoth could destroy Earth because they were not sure if it would destroy a planet outright or not, but the Temblor bomb didn't have the power to destroy Earth.

Originally posted by WingZero
I don't know how the Kilrathi would get a Temblor bomb

Um, wasn't the scientist who created the bomb in Kilrathi custody and you had to rescue him in one mission?! The Cats have been known to be rather... playful with their captives and could've extracted the information from him.

I don't know how the Kilrathi would get a Temblor bomb but even if they did, they wouldn't be able to use it on Earth. The Temblor bomb worked on Kilrah because Kilrah was seismically unstable, compared the Earth, perhaps the Behemoth could destroy Earth because they were not sure if it would destroy a planet outright or not, but the Temblor bomb didn't have the power to destroy Earth.

Well, I guess the kilrathi developed a tad more advanced incarnation of the T-bomb...

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Well, I guess the kilrathi developed a tad more advanced incarnation of the T-bomb...

Or not a T-Bomb at all...Just some other kind of warhead or the main weapon of the kilrathi carrior that was powerfull enough to brake through Earth's defenses. (Refuring to the scene in WC3 on the last mission were if you eject you see Blair killed and Earth goes down hill).

Originally posted by Oggy
I ve not played Armada, what actually happens at the end of the game if you win?

also,
How can humans hide out on Kilrah, they look nothing like Kilrathi, is it sort of like hide by day and move around by night? or are there 'friendly' Kilrathi who help the spec ops teams (Like the Rebels on Gorah Kar(sp?)) I imagine it would be a high risk mission because if one human got caught, the kilrathi would tear the place apart to find more.

I'd think they'd be on their own. Going in to sneak and peak, if you will. The operations they would have done would be done covertly. That's why they were called Covert Operations. Think, if you played Rogue Spear, how sometimes you have to operate without killing, without being spotted, and you'd know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by LeHah
Um, wasn't the scientist who created the bomb in Kilrathi custody and you had to rescue him in one mission?! The Cats have been known to be rather... playful with their captives and could've extracted the information from him.

The Kilrathi knew that he had a scientific mind, but they did not know the extent of his knowledge. Melek says as much. Thus, no Temblor Bomb. If I remember correctly, Earth was destroyed by a combination of mass bombing, ground invasions and nuclear weapons.

actually there is a theory that both the kilrathi and terran carriers encountered and wiped each other out at the same time... thus ending both operations.

In that theory,Angel had nothing to do with the Lexington then,cause she reached somehow Kilrah.

What makes no sense is why the Kilrathi send a Carrier to find our Homeworld ?
They had new Capital Warships in 2669 ,and if we werent "Lucky" and they where depoloyed,Earth would be history.

They had almost ready a hole Army and they send a lone carrier?

Kilrathi......

Originally posted by Oggy
How can humans hide out on Kilrah, they look nothing like Kilrathi, is it sort of like hide by day and move around by night? or are there 'friendly' Kilrathi who help the spec ops teams (Like the Rebels on Gorah Kar(sp?)) I imagine it would be a high risk mission because if one human got caught, the kilrathi would tear the place apart to find more.

Actually there were many human slaves on Kilrathi planets. In fact it was a human slave that led Ralgha from the streets of Ghorah Kar to the priestess of Sivar that told him to surrender his ships to the humans. So the humans operatives needed only to dress like a slave and act like a slave.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
But in the case of Covert Ops, we can clearly see that they weren't.

Maybe they had Slave Ropes or whatever,and under them their SpaceSuits we are looking in Wc3!

Silly , but I dont know:p

Do we know what Angel's team was doing when it was captured? Given that the only thing we know they did was conduct a geological survey of Kilrah, it might be that they spent the entire time in orbit, under cloak, quietly scanning interesting looking sites from up above.

In the novel, they used a captured Kilrathi ship. The asteroid bases you see in the last mission were done by Covert Ops. All the information on Kilrah, and how the Tembler Bomb would destroy it was Covert Ops' doing as well. It's entirely possible that they sneaked and peaked, and when they needed to, shooted and looted, on Kilrah itself. In referrence to how they struck inside the heart of the Kilrathi Empire, it may have been in referrence to Kilrathi space, not Kilrah itself.

Originally posted by junior
Do we know what Angel's team was doing when it was captured? Given that the only thing we know they did was conduct a geological survey of Kilrah, it might be that they spent the entire time in orbit, under cloak, quietly scanning interesting looking sites from up above.

well, they put satilites in orbit around Kilrah and went down to groung to put more sensors. then they got cought

Getting back to the original topic, I'm a little surprised that nobody's wondered whether the Shiraak made it to Sol or not.

Back