Just played through Secret Ops again

I hated it at first too, but then I wanted to go back and learn about everyone, and it was a great experiance. I really miss this in WCP. After ever single mission in WC3 I went to Eisen's cabin to see if he had anything to say to me. That sort of made the game.

It's like those children books, if you ever read them. Sometimes they have those one or two lines that you read again and again on every page - sure, you can skip over them to get the story, but it takes all the fun and point out of reading the book. That's how I felt about talking to everyone in WC3.

Is Wing Commander Prophecy Gold the only way to play Secret Ops now, or is there another way to get the game without buying the Gold package of Prophecy?

You need to have WCP Gold to play through all the episodes, as the original download only has the first set of missions, and redistributing the mission packs is not allowed per the end user agreement.

I quite enjoyed scouring the Victory from top to bottom to find the next person to talk to and make sure I didn't miss anyone.

When you have to wait five or so minutes for a scene to load from a 1x CD drive on a 486SX/25, even with transitions turned off, things can get annoying pretty quickly. At the least, one can only get so many drinks from the fridge and use the bathroom so many times (though the former tends to reinforce the need for the latter :D ). :p

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't discover Wing Commander until after Windows 98 came into existance, so I never had to deal with playing any of the WC Games on the older PC's.

Once you learned which scenes were always played you could hit ESC to bypass them, but having to go to every room after every mission just to check was a bit too much. It would have been nice if they had somehow nudged you to different locations so that you would go check them out. Instead it feels like hotspot hide and seek.

Once you learned which scenes were always played you could hit ESC to bypass them, but having to go to every room after every mission just to check was a bit too much. It would have been nice if they had somehow nudged you to different locations so that you would go check them out. Instead it feels like hotspot hide and seek.

I like the wc4 map system, but I kind of missed walking around.

Back