Does Confed host any sports events? (Like the Universe Cup 4 Football or something)

Oggy

Rear Admiral
Wing Commander seems very serious with the wars and fighting, I was wondering if there was a "Lighter" side to it, i mean, there were even sports events during WW2, does Confed have any, such as the Universe Cup? (Like the World Cup only Bigger)

In WC IV you hear something about the "Galactic Cricket Cup". I don't know if I spelled Cricket right though, I'm just a goofy American :p

When, I dont remember that bit:confused: is it when blair dies, when the reporter says "And in other News"?,then again its been ages since I played it so I'm probably wrong, anyway, that would be cool though as constantly fighting can get a bit depressing, so some sport would probably cheer everyone up:)

no its in the beginning of WC4 just after Barbara Miles (does she wear underwear?) has had this conversation with ol' Tolwyn.

Originally posted by Oggy
Wing Commander seems very serious with the wars and fighting, I was wondering if there was a "Lighter" side to it, i mean, there were even sports events during WW2, does Confed have any, such as the Universe Cup? (Like the World Cup only Bigger)

In some WCA ep (maybe the 4th), Archer and Maniac are playing some kinfd of Tenis but in a cage. and in the Victory Streak, they mention another sport.

There are many examples in the Privateer 2 news.

In terms of Confed, Zero-G waraerobics are mentioned in VS, as is laserball.

TC

Re: Re: Does Confed host any sports events? (Like the Universe Cup 4 Football or something)

Originally posted by Ghost
In some WCA ep (maybe the 4th), Archer and Maniac are playing some kinfd of Tenis but in a cage. and in the Victory Streak, they mention another sport.

That's in ep 2, actually. And IIRC, that cage doesn't have any gravity, so they float around... which kind of makes me wonder if the net is on the floor on on the ceiling... if there is a net, that is :p

--Eder

Well, from what I've seen in that WCA episode, Maniac didn't grasp it very well either :)

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
Well, from what I've seen in that WCA episode, Maniac didn't grasp it very well either :)

--Eder

well we all know Maniac isn't the most intellectual person in the WC universe :)

They should have human vs. kilrathi football.:D I would pay good money to see that!

Not necessarily...the Kilrathi were losing in that fight-to-the-death match in AS, didn't they? Also, that commercial where the Colts faced off against, um, real Lions, then Bears...we scored on those cats!

Re: Re: Re: Does Confed host any sports events? (Like the Universe Cup 4 Football or something)

Originally posted by Eder

That's in ep 2, actually. And IIRC, that cage doesn't have any gravity, so they float around... which kind of makes me wonder if the net is on the floor on on the ceiling... if there is a net, that is :p

--Eder

The game is "grav-ball", originally mentioned in the WC1/2 Guide.

Back