Distance between NAV points

The mission recorder actually only worked from the last time you came out of Autiopilot. Were you to afterburn to all the waypoints, you could watch an entire mission, but that's rediculous.

Anyway, I'm still pissed that they didn't put the recorder into Kilrathi saga. Or maybe they did, and I just can't get it to work.

Originally posted by redwolf
The most impressive capship flak cannon in WC1 was the Dorkir/Lumbari! That turbo laser at the front did more damage than any other KillieKap Ship ever did!
Wha..? The flak guns in WC1 barely touched your shields... VERY occasionally did they do some damage...

The flak guns in all the other games are far more effective, though...

(Especially Armada! You want to kill an enemy fighter? Lure him into the flak umbrella...!)

Flight recorders --

It's too bad they didn't include them in WC4 and WCP.
In the Midway/Cerberus defense missions, for example,
the Midway would suddenly explode and I would find myself
screaming "What happened!!??"

It would've been nice to save off the mission and
step through it play-by-play to see just what killed the
carrier, what I was doing while the Torp was going in,
what my wingmen were doing, etc. Analysis is crucial
to learning from lost battles, and the lack of a recorder
put a severe crimp in that.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Not much chance of wining the mission when you autopilot to the nav point to defend the helpless carrier or capship, only to find that once you get there, the ship is already blowing up! :mad:

RFB

There were flight recorders in wc? I knew they were *there* for story puposes. Didn't think you could view them though....

Well, we can't really call it "flight recorder"... it's just a "replay option" for the player, because I don't think the WC pilots could load up a screen in front of them, to see his performance right after a fight

I know you can hit replay to fly again. But it would be cool to have actual flight recorders. Falcon 4.0 had that and it was sooo cool.

Mmmmhh... what for? To tape your brilliant moves for eternity? :)

Not a bad idea...
"Did I tell you about that one time, piloting a Broadsword in WC2, where...
...well here it is!" :cool:

Exactly.:D That way, when you are flying away from an exploding enemy carrier, you can sit back peacefully, and watch the magnificent explosion!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

After the mission in which Hawk disables your flight recorder in Prophecy, the mission score screen reads something like:

PRIMARY GOALS: Incomplete -Mission Data recorder unavailable

SECONDARY GOALS: Incomplete -Mission Data recorder unavailable

BARON (well, the pilot) BONUS: Incomplete -Mission Data Recorder unavailable

X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance all had flight recorders in which you could review your moves, track the flight of other ships, and other things. Basically, a flight recorder of that nature could track multiple ships. The one that was to be in WCII, however, could probably only track the player's ship.

Speaking of flight recorders, MS Flight Sim 2000 Pro has an excellent flight recorder. Recording everything like a real world plane's "black box". Its neat watching yourself land a learjet 45 on a short runway approach from the control tower!

"Hey, get that glider out of my way!!"

RFB

Whats really fun is watching 10 500lb bomb utterly destroy an airfield at close range. WOW, thats fun!!!

Mission recorders have long been a standard part of flight-sims... which is why X-Wing and company, which evolved from flight sims, have them <G>

They were too confusing for your average WC-fan, so they got cut in future games.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Especially Armada! You want to kill an enemy fighter? Lure him into the flak umbrella...!
So true. :) That's why I always used the Banshee to kill the Shiraak.

In Starfleet Command, it saved the last like five missions you played and you could watch them again and even save them for good, which was really cool. Especially after a really hard fought battle and there were quite a few. That would be interesting in a WC game, especially if you could watch things from a third person view.

I was surprised how much the WC2 recorder could take in, even with the small amount of disk space it used. It'd be really nice to see that in Prophecy... or maybe not. Viewspace might be cluttered with so many ships and bolts to draw.

Unfontunately, I never got to see that that feature. Not enough EMS on the machine I ran it on for the bells and whistles. :(

Best, Raptor

Back