Can anybody identify a 90s adventure game?

-danr-

Vice Admiral
I'd like to play this again, but I can't remember what it's called.

- Circa 1995-1997
- Talkie
- Sci Fi
- Adventure game, with some action. Keyboard movement, not point and click.
- Set on an alien world
- You're a human, you have one alien friend (an ally) *NOT* talking about "Another World" from Delphine.
- Near the start of the game you have to deactivate a giant wall fan using an alien computer
- If you fail to activate the fan, you may be sucked into it
- If you're sucked in, there's a graphic animation of you being mangled
- In this instance, the last thing you say is "S**T!!!"

Any ideas? Sorry if I'm a bit vague :)

Thanks

Mace

Vice Admiral
So not point and click to move your character around, but more firstperson? Do you only see your character in the intro or when you die?

Last edited:

-danr-

Vice Admiral
So not point and click to move your character around, but more firstperson? Do you only see your character in the intro or when you die?

Actually, I think I was a bit misleading comparing the gameplay to Fade To Black.

It was actually more like 'In Cold Blood' - the character models were in 3d, but the the background art and most of the objects were flat drawings.

incoldblood.jpg

^ Looked a lot like this.

You saw your character at all times. I forget why he had travelled to the alien world, I think his alien companion was an outlaw. Yeah I know this sounds a lot like Another World, but it had much better graphics than that (and wasn't flat 2d)...

-danr-

Vice Admiral
I found it!!

It's called Alien Odyssey

(NOT to be confused with Abe's Odyssey)

...looks pretty good for 1995. The fan scene I was talking about can be seen at 15:00 in to this longplay.