Can anybody identify a 90s adventure game?

-danr-

Vice Admiral
I'd like to play this again, but I can't remember what it's called.

- Circa 1995-1997
- Talkie
- Sci Fi
- Adventure game, with some action. Keyboard movement, not point and click.
- Set on an alien world
- You're a human, you have one alien friend (an ally) *NOT* talking about "Another World" from Delphine.
- Near the start of the game you have to deactivate a giant wall fan using an alien computer
- If you fail to activate the fan, you may be sucked into it
- If you're sucked in, there's a graphic animation of you being mangled
- In this instance, the last thing you say is "S**T!!!"

Any ideas? Sorry if I'm a bit vague :)

Thanks

So not point and click to move your character around, but more firstperson? Do you only see your character in the intro or when you die?

Last edited:
So not point and click to move your character around, but more firstperson? Do you only see your character in the intro or when you die?

Actually, I think I was a bit misleading comparing the gameplay to Fade To Black.

It was actually more like 'In Cold Blood' - the character models were in 3d, but the the background art and most of the objects were flat drawings.

incoldblood.jpg

^ Looked a lot like this.

You saw your character at all times. I forget why he had travelled to the alien world, I think his alien companion was an outlaw. Yeah I know this sounds a lot like Another World, but it had much better graphics than that (and wasn't flat 2d)...

I found it!!

It's called Alien Odyssey

(NOT to be confused with Abe's Odyssey)

...looks pretty good for 1995. The fan scene I was talking about can be seen at 15:00 in to this longplay.

Back