Bradshaw's Callsign

I'll always regret choosing super hornet orders over a tomcat squadron - the Jolly Rogers, too. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

The weird thing about Tomcats is that when you see them in museum displays they're always configured as airplanes rather than as giant robots.

I'll always regret choosing super hornet orders over a tomcat squadron - the Jolly Rogers, too. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Especially since, I imagine, had you chosen to train on the Tomcat, when the aircraft was retired you probably would have been reclassed to operate the Super Hornet - you would have gotten the chance to be around both!

Ahh well. It's not like there's anything special about mach 2.4+, right? I mean, right?! :rolleyes:

I think this is correct and, really, the big flaw in the scene.

Please don't remind me. It makes me feel...old. When the Tomcat was retired, I felt like I was losing a hero or something. It wasn't a great day.

I felt similar when the AiM-54 was pulled from service many years before, also. I just thought there were few more lethal combinations than a flight of Tomcats with those claws fully extended!

Yeah, pretty hard to dodge a mach 5 missile to be sure.

But hey, don't dispair...just fly over Iran, I'm sure they have a few flying about! :rolleyes:

Yeah, pretty hard to dodge a mach 5 missile to be sure.

But hey, don't dispair...just fly over Iran, I'm sure they have a few flying about! :rolleyes:

They do, and still have pre -WW2 biplanes in active service. Still even an old weapon can be lethal. And also Iran has their own version of Pliers with spit-and glue Jet fighters they gave designations themselves.

Back