| The Secret Missions 2: Crusade
| Expansion for
|| Wing Commander
- Super Nintendo (SNES)
- Windows 95
| Release Date
|| April 6th, 1991
Wing Commander I was a huge success and Wing Commander II was in development during 1991. Origin used their experience with The Secret Missions to craft a second expansion pack, The Secret Missions 2: Crusade. WC2 was shaping up to be a huge story driven adventure, so the developers took this opportunity to establish a backstory with SM2. Characters such as Tolwyn, Thrakhath, Hobbes, Jazz and Doomsday were introduced. The TCS Austin appeared as a method for characters such as Angel to survive the impending doom facing the Tiger's Claw in the WC2 intro. In each Wing Commander game the character must face the potential death of wingmates, but in SM2 the first major scripted loss occurred when Bossman died. The tension and emotions were ratcheted up another level for this expansion, and the game created a great environment for Wing Commander II to launch into.
Secret Missions 2 back cover
FROM: VICE ADMIRAL TOLWYN, CONFEDHICOM
TO: TCS TIGER'S CLAW
YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO DEFEND FIREKKA SYSTEM IN ANTARES SECTOR AGAINST APPROACHING KILRATHI BATTLE FLEETS.
REMAIN IN-SYSTEM FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE; REINFORCEMENTS UNAVAILABLE.
TOP PRIORITY: SAFETY OF CONFEDERATION DIPLOMATS AND FIREKKAN ALLIES.
Halcyon, just get your people out of there. - Tolwyn
The Secret Missions 2: Crusade, another exciting chapter in the saga of the Tiger's Claw! In this campaign, a huge Kilrathi fleet maneuvers toward a planet of peaceful, primitive natives. After a Kilrathi renegade defects with the crew of a small destroyer, you'll fly one of their fighterships in undercover missions.
In these new secret missions, you must discover the truth behind the Kilrathi "holy war" before the Warriors of Kilrah can destroy you and the Tiger's Claw!
- 16 new missions! Fight new Kilrathi opponents in a campaign that will challenge your piloting and tactical skills to the limit!
- Battle against the Kilrathi Imperial Guard! These enemy elite pilots are smarter, more vicious, and even more skilled than the Kilrathi aces in the original Wing Commander!
- Fly a captured Kilrathi starfighter! You'll pilot a modified Dralthi...only your superb flying skill will allow you to survive in combat against the alien enemy!
- Stunning new graphics! New enemy ships! You'll duel against the Hhriss experimental Kilrathi fighter, and attack the Snakeir, the new Kilrathi strike carrier.
- Two new wingmen, Doomsday and Jazz, will join you in your battles against the enemy pilots!
- Transfer your character from the original Wing Commander game and Wing Commander - The Secret Missions module into this newest chapter of the continuing Wing Commander story.
- Fly any of the 40 original Wing Commander missions, in any order, with the "Mission Selector."
NOT A COMPLETE GAME - YOU MUST OWN WING COMMANDER TO PLAY THE SECRET MISSIONS 2: CRUSADE.
IBM-PC and 100% compatibles
REQUIRED: Hard Disk and 640k RAM (768k Tandy)
RECOMMENDED: 12mHZ or higher. joystick or mouse, Sound Card
GRAPHICS: 256 color VGA, EGA/Tandy
MUSIC (optional): Adlib, Sound Blaster, Roland MT-32/LAPC-1 or 100% compatible sound card
WC I Secret Missions 2: Crusade Reference Card (1.8 MB)
Kilrathi Saga owners may download The Secret Missions
Writer/Director: Lt. Col. Ellen "Lady Blue" Guon
Mission Designer: Maj. John "Sorecrer" Watson
Programming: Col. Chris "Maverick" Roberts, Cpt. Steven "A.M.P." A. Muchow, Cpt. Paul "Sutek" Isaacs, Maj. Ken "Zoro" Demarest III
Cinematic Progress Screen Art: Lt. Chris "Mangler" Douglas, Cpt. Glen "Dart" Johnson
Dralthi Interior Design: Lt. Denis "Frenchie" Loubet
Hhriss Ship Design: Cpt. Glen Johnson
3-D Ship Art: Steve Spear, Mary Bellis
Alpha Testing: Cpt. Brian "Recon" Martin, Lt. Kirk "Formula" Winterrowd, Lt. Wayne "Jaguar" Baker
Beta Testing: Lt. Jeff "Primate" Shelton, Lt. Scott "Death Culture" Shelton, Lt. Scott "Cavalier" Hazle, Lt. Ben "Styg" Potter, Lt. Lyle "Wall" Mackey, Lt. Kevin "Crash" Potter
Packing Design: Maj. Cheryl Neeld
Documentation: Cpt. Steve "Quantum Man" Cantrell, Lt. Col. Ellon Guon, Maj. Warren "Ghost" Spector (Retired)
Producers: Col. Chris Roberts, Lt. Col. Jeff Johanningman
With special thanks to Steve Cantrell
Patches / Addons
Wing Commander Help File (5k) - Text Help File
Install Patch (28k)
Joystick Patch (152k)
Amiga CD Patch (28k)
CD32 Patch (25k)
Tools, Editing and Fan Patches
- See: Wing Commander
Empire of Kilrah
Clicking on a system will bring you to the first mission in that series.