Wing Commander 2010

czacen: I work primarily as an Environment Artist - been doing that for around 5 years now. Before that, if was a lot of hard surface prop modeling.
Anyhow, the new image looks great. The green tint is a bit odd, but I kinda like it. :D

This artwork is stunning. It could actually be used in a game, between missions with a voiceover - I'm thinking something like Battlezone, Word in Conflict, Homeworld.

The green tint is a bit odd, but I kinda like it.
Must be running in Matrix mode. :)

The effort put into it is easily up there with the professional concept art I've seen over the years too, even if I don't have quite the same level of experience as Howard.

Wow :confused:. That's some great concept arts, czacen. While the fighters are awesome, just standing there, waiting to take off, the landing deck is truly magnificent, as it has already been said. I already saw a lot of artworks (less than Howard or other people here, of course), but a WC artwork displaying the deck we all took off from in WCIII to get to Kilrah. Awwww !
(Damn, I'm just getting excessive here, but, hey, it's good !)

Thanks guys! I will keep going with this stuff, I'm having too much fun to stop :). Today I was kind of tired when I got back from work, so the piece I churned out is neither very good or very WC accurate. Perhaps I should rename this thread to WC concept art since it seems to be developing more towards that.

Wow - I really like these. The last image is my favorite so far, I think. Definitely keep 'em coming!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people like what they see so far. I still need much more experience so I'm gonna keep at it. Meanwhile today's piece is one of my rough re-designs of the Tallahassee. Its my fave looking ship from WC3/4. Comments Crits and Feedback welcome :)

nebula_cruiser.jpg

Much easier to get a proper sense of scale when the windows are that size.

Very sleek perspective, and the original design is still recognisable. Looks good.

I think that Tallahassee could be thought of like the Exeter and the Gilgamesh destroyers. A new ship with a small flight deck cause the flat part on the front looks like it could be just that and it looks like it could hold it’s own in a fight a little longer then the normal Tallahassee class. And I do agree these pics are awesome

Thanks Wedge. Actually the Tallahassee has a lot of potential to be modernized and streamlined. Milatry that's a very good idea. Ill try showcasing that in the next iteration of the design. As for today's image, Im not too pleased with how its turned out, but its a step forward from my initial rendering of this ship. Also I tried placing the bridge in the center like in a submarine rather than a aircraft carrier. Any ideas on how to improve it?

nebula_carrier.jpg

That's pretty damn awesome. I like the centered tower, too. I can easily see this being used in a new WC game. :D

Kind of difficult to fly through though with tower in the way. Certainly wouldn't be able to get in an elevator at flight ops and go right up to the bridge.

Still looks pretty good though, very streamlined...less archaic looking without the one-sided tower.

I don't know, I kinda like the short, center mounted tower- it has a real "modernized" WC3 feel to it. What about adding some shorter "wings" to the conning tower kind of like the WC2 Concordia / WC1 Tiger's Claw or a modern day submarine? The wings don't have to be as pronounced as either of the above examples, but I think it it would add a little texture to your tower design while paying homage to WC1/WC2 designs.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad people like what they see so far. I still need much more experience so I'm gonna keep at it. Meanwhile today's piece is one of my rough re-designs of the . Its my fave looking ship from WC3/4. Comments Crits and Feedback welcome :)

View attachment 3837

It looks great, one comment though. As a Cruiser, the Tallahassee won't have a CV registration

Back