WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

I only play one map (I'll look up the name later today).

I did try moving the HQ after our last back and forth about harvesters. I noticed last night that harvesters were not using the HQ to drop off. I saw them going to the nearest transports instead.

I only play one map (I'll look up the name later today).

I did try moving the HQ after our last back and forth about harvesters. I noticed last night that harvesters were not using the HQ to drop off. I saw them going to the nearest transports instead.
Yeah, I set it up that way to avoid the long docking times that wrecked the economy.

I wonder if that's messing with the fighters then. They don't appear to be docking with the HQ properly.

Wild thought...are fighters in any way tied to the base that created them? As in, are the "dumb" fighters acting that way because they were built at the HQ?

OK, working now on a relatively big update package that should, if my prayers are heard, seriously help the collision issues for the capital ships and stations. Maybe even solve the landing problem, though I cannot guarantee anything at this point.

Now uploading an update that reworks completely the collision meshes of the Confed carriers and stations, which might solve the problem of the landing patterns. Please tell me if you see it again, thanks!

Map I play is Crimson Bond.

I give it a quick try last night and noticed the same thing with fighters still. It just seems that some of them get stuck trying to return to refuel. I watched a small group for a bit to see if I could notice anything and it seemed like they couldn't figure out what order to land in (fighters kept kind of moving in a line with the front fighter going towards the back...at least that's what it seemed like)

Map I play is Crimson Bond.

I give it a quick try last night and noticed the same thing with fighters still. It just seems that some of them get stuck trying to return to refuel. I watched a small group for a bit to see if I could notice anything and it seemed like they couldn't figure out what order to land in (fighters kept kind of moving in a line with the front fighter going towards the back...at least that's what it seemed like)
Which faction? Confederation?

Damn, this is annoying.

Well, looks like I will have quite some work on my hands. Have you tried manually ordering the craft when they start going haywire? I think the latest iteration of the fuel scripts would allow this.

Yeah, when I see a group start to act odd, I'll select them and tell them to dock at the carrier.

It's definitely the fuel scripting. Because I usually set a rally point for the HQ and carrier to form a fighter group and I've noticed that if I try to move them after that, some will start to drop out like they need to refuel at base.

Yeah, when I see a group start to act odd, I'll select them and tell them to dock at the carrier.

It's definitely the fuel scripting. Because I usually set a rally point for the HQ and carrier to form a fighter group and I've noticed that if I try to move them after that, some will start to drop out like they need to refuel at base.
Well, at least that temporary solution helps. I guess I'll have to rework the whole thing again. X_X

Oh, it doesn't help at all unfortunately. They still get dumb stuck. I didn't explain it very well.

I'll try to break it down a bit more so you understand my opening moves....

1. Build fighter production facilities on HQ and carrier

2. Set rally point for both about 4-5 km away from both at central location between them

3. Typically build the following at each: 4 Hellcats, 4 Bearcats, 4 Excaliburs

4. Eventually, I'll have enough fighters to organize them in a formation. Which requires them to move. Now, they haven't really done anything save fly to the rally point but sometimes it's clear some of them are running out of fuel because they'll start back towards the carrier or HQ. This is where I meant I selected them and tried to force them to dock. Sometimes, they do, sometimes not.

5. If I order the group to move away, more fighters will drop out over time and move back towards the carrier and HQ. Some will dock, others will just sort of sit pretty around them.

6. I've tried building a Confederation dreadnought at times and using it as the forward base. Sometimes fighters will dock with it but I've noticed a lot of times fighters will try to get back to the HQ or Yorktown carrier. That's why I asked earlier if fighters might be tied to their base of creation.

4 Bearcat? Crap, you're not supposed to be able to build them without capturing a Black Lance carrier. Argh. As for the tie to a specific base, no, normally, they should just head back to a docking-capable unit. The pains of trying to design whole new features...

Back