Problems? Post them here...

Hey, thanks for the speedy reply, Pete! So I've got SpecOps, which I tested, and it definitely works correctly, other than that, I'm running the hires patch and the glidewrapper. I haven't seen anyone else mentioning a problem running them together, but...

I've tried the basic stuff, switching the compatibility mode, running as an administrator, that's about it. That pretty much stretches the extent of my troubleshooting ventures. Didn't want to muck around with it without some expert assistance.

The Win95 flagging issue sounds like a good bet. I'll grab the new version, and go from there. Thanks again for your help, and keep up the good work!

Just to be clear: don't put the Win95 compatibility flag on the installer, but only on standoff.exe once installed. This should have been done automatically by the installer, but I somehow overlooked a different registry structure in 64bits Windows.

Other than that, HCl's hi-res patch shouldn't cause any problem to Standoff, and Standoff doesn't support Glide so your problem should not be there.

I'm getting some very strange behaviour. The NAV map appears completely black with just the writing on it during briefings and inflight I can see the HUD, but everything else is just some gray-ish sort of squares. It's also running extremely slowly, with the first message from the Firekka just stuttering. I've tried turning all the graphics options off and even went back to Direct3D but without success.

I'm trying some new video drivers and re-downloading the Episode 5 package in case there was some corruption. My PC is a P4 2.8GHz with 2Gb RAM and a 7600GS (AGP version of the 7600GT).

Got it working. New drivers and changing the "Extension limit" in the NVidia Control Panel to "On" did the trick.

Without fail, after I am in the second mission in ep 5 for a few minutes, I get a crash to desktop. It only seems to happen when I am doing well and last a while in the damn mission, unfortunately!

A little bug in Flight of the Arrow : If Bradshaw tells Freyers that some bombers got away *after* all of the AM missiles have been destroyed, Freyers tells Bradshaw to go back to the Firekka... And he doesn't give you landing clearance when you get there. :p

Bugzilla'd. Now don't expect a fix for it soon though...Quarto has left for a while...but there will be a patch soon.

Didn't see this on the board - in the Ep 5 losing path mission Search and Rescu, the game crashes after I jump away from the Firekka into the Luyten system.

This supposed to be fixed in the newest patches; are you up to date ? Current version through autoupdate is 1.28.

Hi,
I have a Radeon 4890 and recent Catalyst. The newer Standoff patches improved my experience with bloom mode. I no longer get zen blackness behind HUD elements. Now I see the environment, but there is definitely no bloom showing. I have tried different combinations of Stan's alternate GL lighting routines and Catalyst settings for AA and A.I. to no avail.

Spoiler Alert

Standoff 1.31. Win XP Sp3

I'm getting the crash on the winning path last mission. I land, I get to the post mission stat screen, and when I push exit it crashes to the desktop. I ended up using the Process Monitor program to get past the crash.

Now what bothers me... I think I'm still getting the middle ending.
I've done everything in all episodes short of killing the last hakaga in the final mission (I did damage it, killed the snakeir, and shot down Thrakath).
So do I need to start the game over to get the winning ending? Should I send the save game to someone?

EDIT: Scratch that. I bet I did get the winning End Game.
They say that 90% of the fleet was wiped out in both versions, I'm guessing.

Enhanced lighting now works though. It looks awesome. This is on a Pentium 4 with hyper threading (Prescott 3.2 Ghz) and a Radeon X600. It looks outstanding.

Thanks for continued work for ati users.
Ditto for me with the lack of bloom on 1.29 and later.
The hdr option works as opposed to the screen being mostly black.
Its just that the glowy effect does not appear.
For example during explosions, engine glows, and briefing wireframes, etc.

Spoiler Alert

Standoff 1.31. Win XP Sp3

I'm getting the crash on the winning path last mission. I land, I get to the post mission stat screen, and when I push exit it crashes to the desktop. I ended up using the Process Monitor program to get past the crash.

Now what bothers me... I think I'm still getting the middle ending.
I've done everything in all episodes short of killing the last hakaga in the final mission (I did damage it, killed the snakeir, and shot down Thrakath).
So do I need to start the game over to get the winning ending? Should I send the save game to someone?

EDIT: Scratch that. I bet I did get the winning End Game.
They say that 90% of the fleet was wiped out in both versions, I'm guessing.

Enhanced lighting now works though. It looks awesome. This is on a Pentium 4 with hyper threading (Prescott 3.2 Ghz) and a Radeon X600. It looks outstanding.

Do you have error messages turned on? So you can see what is causing the crash? If not you need to turn them on so that it will tell you something besides the basic "Standoff.exe has stopped working..." etc.

Just flew the third mission where you meet Squealer...had flickering nebulars and sometimes disappearing asteroids. Everything else's working just fine. My system: E8600, Geforce GTX 280, Win Vista Business, newest drivers. Game at maximun detail @ 1920x1200.

Btw.: Everytime I almost reached his ship he was at another postition. Guess the game won't let me reach him but it's a bad way of doing it...can't he just fly faster?

Just flew the third mission where you meet Squealer...had flickering nebulars and sometimes disappearing asteroids. Everything else's working just fine. My system: E8600, Geforce GTX 280, Win Vista Business, newest drivers. Game at maximun detail @ 1920x1200.

Btw.: Everytime I almost reached his ship he was at another postition. Guess the game won't let me reach him but it's a bad way of doing it...can't he just fly faster?

We know about the shaking nebulas. It's on Q's list to fix. Asteroid disappearing is normal as well.

And yes you aren't supposed to be able to reach Squealer...

We know about the shaking nebulas. It's on Q's list to fix. Asteroid disappearing is normal as well.

And yes you aren't supposed to be able to reach Squealer...
Doesn't nebula's shake when you go extremely far out in space? It's like you hit the point of no return, your ship gets shakey and messed up, starfields too.

Sordid, is bloom stil not working for you ? If so, please email me OpenGLLog.txt, located in your SO/Standoff folder.

Back