Next XBox Rumors

Poor Dreamcast. It is a great little machine. some crazy games, a lot more originality than Playstation or Xbox.

Over the years I have owned Nintendo (NES, GameBoy and N64), Sega (MegaDrive) and Sony (Playstation (Original) and PS2) systems. I have to say that the PS2 is my fav

TopGun said:
Over the years I have owned Nintendo (NES, GameBoy and N64), Sega (MegaDrive) and Sony (Playstation (Original) and PS2) systems. I have to say that the PS2 is my fav

Damn, for all that hardware, you're missing like the top five or six best systems. :)

It looks like every position has its advantages and disadvantages, with being first out the door having the first impact and instantly getting peoples' attention, but, I think Nintendo has a good idea of being the last to show, having the last impact on peoples' minds and giving an aftertaste that won't be altered for a while with their "Revolutionary" console.

Also, the thing I thought was bad earlier, I thought Microsoft wanted to first show their Xbox2/Nextbox/Ybox/Xenon/Xbox360(*Phew!*) weeks before E3, which would seem a tad cruel to the fans of Sony and Nintendo who patiently wait for E3 when everyone else makes their huge announcements since E3 is the way you're supposed to show off what you will have in the next year(I think).

Bob, do you have an xbox and do you have xbox live? I think all the WC fans should get together and play a few games if at all possible some time. I play with Chris, Ace and Blonde from time to time when they're on and we normally have a good time. Maybe if we could get enough people we could play big team battle or two.

Jesus said:
Also, the thing I thought was bad earlier, I thought Microsoft wanted to first show their Xbox2/Nextbox/Ybox/Xenon/Xbox360(*Phew!*) weeks before E3, which would seem a tad cruel to the fans of Sony and Nintendo who patiently wait for E3 when everyone else makes their huge announcements since E3 is the way you're supposed to show off what you will have in the next year(I think).

That's quite a stretch. Originally Sony was going to unveil the PS3 in March, but they canceled those plans. The original XBox was unveiled at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, the GameCube at Space World in Japan and the Sony PSP at a Sony conference in New York. It just so happens that this year's E3 will feature the first showings of the new systems by all three major console manufacturers, but that's by no means necessary nor would it be in any way cruel to anyone to unveil your product before/after E3 at a different event.

TopGun said:

For pure gaming, I'm more of a fan of Gamecube myself but the PS2 does allow me to watch DVDs (provided they're not from FOX, which end up skipping halfway through the show for some reason)

I have a pretty good LG DVD player, so the Cube is all I need... And playing Metroid on a 5.1 Dolby system is really, really great.

I have no xbox, but don't you guys ever play anything on PC's? we could all play something like UT2k4 or whatever.

Edfilho said:
I have a pretty good LG DVD player, so the Cube is all I need... And playing Metroid on a 5.1 Dolby system is really, really great.

I have no xbox, but don't you guys ever play anything on PC's? we could all play something like UT2k4 or whatever.

The Cube has good sound, but it's Pro Logic II, not real 5.1 like would be on the XBox. We play Scrabble at Yahoo on the PC sometimes, and Command & Conquer of course. Can't much stand FPS games with a mouse and keyboard anymore though.

LeHah said:
For pure gaming, I'm more of a fan of Gamecube myself but the PS2 does allow me to watch DVDs (provided they're not from FOX, which end up skipping halfway through the show for some reason)

I may get both a Cube and a X-Box in the future

I use my PS2 as my main DVD Player, plus I have a CD called Region X which allows you to play DVD from other regions

The only bad point I can found with the PS2, as a DVD player is that it doesn't let you zoom

But Chris, it sounds pretty 5.1 for me. I mean, critters make noises in the two surround speakers... unlike those stereo-spread-in-5-channels things.

My dvd-player is pretty, has optical-out and component-out, so I get great quality. LOTR extended edition with DTS sound is really great. My tv is not HD, but even then the component out is a lot better. Oh, it is region-free too, just had to enter some crazy code on the remote.

Back