It's that time of the year again...

Much better, Twister
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One word: "Yowza!"

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Actually, now that I've played a bit of WC3 again, I liked Flint's line about Maniac "beating his chest." Also, I know everyone thinks Maestro is a loser (he certainly is in kill scores) but I liked his line that Hawk uses as his sig here. The one about being properly introduced.

Bandit LOAF said:
I believe... and I'm sure SubCrid Death can correct me if I'm wrong... but standard netiquette dictates that a signature be four lines or fewer... That said, dictionary definitions don't usually have line breaks, Twister, so it'd actually look better if you put it all together...

The generally accepted limit is 4 lines, though not a hard-and-fast [insert juvenile sex joke here] rule.

In general, more than a few lines over 4 is considered inconsiderate, and more than 7 is where I speak up, if the mood strikes me.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Come on! I've had that sig for 5 months now! Besides the time is near thing will be gone by 1/01/2001 Then it'll just be 5 lines.

LOAF: my name's next to my posts. Why would I waste valuable sig space just to show it again?
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I abandoned my sig because I always forget to check the "show Signature" box before I submit my post.
Which reminds me....

------------------
Sometimes you`re the windshield
Sometimes you`re the BUG...

Which reminds ME that you're a Dire straits fan, (i belife i'm telling you that everytime i see you sig
rolleyes.gif
)

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited October 24, 2000).]

I'll desperately try to fight topic drift
smile.gif

Anyone have any good custom taunts? I believe it was WC2 that gave you that capability. I never checked to see if was an option in the KS version. I can't remember all of the ones I created, but my favorite was, "Kitty go boooom" I'll have to think about real quotes for a while. I agree with Wedge009 though, Maestro has a great taunt.

There's a custom taunt editor for Wing Commander 1 -- and Armada lets you record your own taunts. It's probably reletively easy to edit in new taunts to any of the older games these days, though.

I didn't know there was an editor for WC1. There's one for WC2, and it's probably the same, but why bother since the effect on the enemies will be the same?

Because it's probably a bit neat to see a taunt you made yourself and not the same old, "Slag off!" for about the six-hundred and fiftieth time.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Actually, I kinda liked the Priv taunts. I just wish the AIs had been a bit more advanced. It would be nice to see people running away sometimes.

I like some of the mercenaries in Privateer (hostile) quotes:
'What could I say, I'm a professional.'
'Nothing personal, but your death is my gain.'
'Oh... this is not good.'

Most of the taunts in the Privateers are terrible.

"You're about to suck void, buddy!"
"Damn! You're rippin' me apart!"
"This crate's about to expl-" KABOOM!

Actually, occasionally a ship does go crazy and runs away. Once I've finished off the rest of the group, I chase after the coward (who's about 30 000 klicks away) and when I catch up to it, blow it out of space. It doesn't even so much twitch! I guess it's a bug or something.

Even more rare, I've witnessed Draymans jumping out in RF, rather than attempting to fight pirates. Can you believe that? A merchant with valuable cargo, choosing to fight rather than run away? Actually, I've seen two Draymans take out a single pirate (!!!). Rather wussy pirate, don't you think?
smile.gif

Heh... I've seen a lone Drayman take out a number of pirates (several times!). Those ships are quite impressive (at least when they're up against Talons
wink2.gif
).

Personally, I find it highly annoying when the Drayman wins against pirates. You see, being friendly with both the merchants and the pirates, I usually sit around and wait, plotting to pick up the deceased Drayman's cargo
wink2.gif
. Thus, if the pirates lose I get nothing, because they don't even eject...

Back