Guild Wars

Guild wars is really stable and has incredibly good graphics in relation to how "heavy" it is. Yesterday I ran it for hours while azureus was running on the backgroung, hogging bandwidth and RAM, and the game didn't skip a single frame or lag.

And it is surprisingly free of grinding. It is more fun than Diablo 2 single player, meaning that even soloing you can just keep doing quests, free of loot-stealers and pks. I really recommend it.

I was in the prerelease, and it didn't impress me terribly. The characters were over-sexualized and the gameplay was subpar. I went back to Diablo 2 from this, then back to Ragnarok Online where I stay. :)

Aron Figaro said:
I was in the prerelease, and it didn't impress me terribly. The characters were over-sexualized and the gameplay was subpar. I went back to Diablo 2 from this, then back to Ragnarok Online where I stay. :)

So what else besides the looks was worse then D2?

Come on... Grindnarock online? I played that sucker, and it, well, sucked. Hordes of kill-stealers, looters, endless hours of mindless grind, thousands of characters that look identical or almost identical (which turns the screen into a mass of brown and pink)...

It has some qualities, but it is based on grinding, grinding...

GW is about hability, and the skill interaction is a work of genius. I think I played about the same number of hours of both games, and I did a lot more interesting things in GW than in RO, which, so far was just the slaughter of cute critters. in the sewers.

Maybe in about 70 levels and hundreds of hours of murdering cute bats and rats, I'll get to the cool part of the game (Empirium Wars), but the prospect is sad.

Back