Guild Wars

Edfilho

Cry some more!
Anyone here playing Guild Wars? It is very good, looks very good, no mothly fee and you can switch between servers easily.

Anyone wanna make a WC related Guild?

Very surprisingly, it's at guildwars.com :p

I've looked at it - it's an interesting concept, and would go into the direction where I'd become interested in Online games again. Unfortunately, the avatars still look like anorexic stick men.

Well, GW is pretty big nowadays, every gaming site and comic is talking about it.

The warriors are pretty big guys, no need to worry.

Some of us might do the next Ultima expansion. It'll add a lot of features specifically catered to some of us.

http://www.uo.com/uoml.html

Collections
New cooperative collections including a Museum, Library and a Zoo. Completion of a cooperative collection results in rewards for everyone who contributed.

Q: Can you give some more details on Community Collections?
A: Community Collections are designed to provide a means for players to voluntarily participate in large-scale cooperative activities. Community Collections allow individuals to donate and earn points based on their direct participation towards the group effort.

Each community collection works slightly differently, for example, the zoo welcomes donations of various types. Each sort of donation is worth a number of “donation points”. The donations are tracked on each shard and when a shard reaches various thresholds the areas of the zoo begin to be populated with animals. Donations must continue to prevent the zoo from falling into disuse again.

Characters that donate to the zoo also have their donation points tracked. These points can be used to purchase rewards.

Q: What kinds of containers can be labeled?
A: Just about everything! New labeling tools have been created for metal containers, wooden containers, leather containers and spellbooks. Some examples of containers that can be labeled include: backpacks, bags, pouches, crates, potion kegs, chests, SOS chests, etc.

Q: Will cooking get any changes/additions?
A: Yes! There will be new cooking recipes. Cooks will be able to make food and drink that increases the regeneration rate of stamina and if eaten while poisoned, it reduces the number of “ticks” remaining on the poison. Other new food removes curses, increases damage (both melee and spell) for a brief burst of time, and grants a blessing when eaten.

There will also be a Food Decoration Tool that can decorate cakes, cookies and pizzas.

I wished there was a demo for Guild Wars. I am very hesitant to buy a game I cannot try. Even more so if it is purely online with no chance to play it should the game go down as many online games do quite soon. Also don't like the 1 account/player and 4 chars/account limitation.

Just do the same as I do: Wait another six months until the price for the client is down, and all the patches, fixes and upgrades are out.

Then, completely fail to buy the client because some new and even more attractive game is published, and start from the beginning.

Uhm, criticalmass, GW is supposed to run for years like a normal MMORPG would. But instead of demanding a monthly fee they plan to release 2-3 expansions per year to finance the network (no, you technically do not have to buy them, you can contiue in the old world). So waiting for the final patch will be kinda futile...

I think he understood that. No mmo game has a final point (until it gets shut down). But a lot of massively multiplayer titles drop in price and increase in stability some months after release. The point was if you wait for that to happen, new stuff will be out.

I've been playing GW for 3 weeks now. Seems stable enough, and I think it's a very fun game.

Graphics are very nice, gameplay is very nice, and PVP is incredibly fun.

$50 kinda stings, though.

Guild War is out here in Australia but I have not seen any demos or sorts which can give me an idea how it plays out, anyone knows of any good reviews of screen shots of the game play??

cff said:
So waiting for the final patch will be kinda futile...
Too true, that's why I usually don't buy into the online game moneymaking pyramid schemes... - only sit and wonder about graphics, download a demo client and get bored with it.

Actually the one MMO I sometimes still play which is beyond final patch stage is Allegiance - which is now FreeAllegiance, since Microsoft has relased the source. Pretty neat, nothing to compare to today's graphics standards, but you can have fun and blow things up. What more does a guy need? Erm, sometimes. :rolleyes:

Back