Excalibur gripes

It could be Wizard from the CCG that subconsciously got you.

I'd wager that it was really Magikoopa - his ego is a little too big following his role in Mario Galaxy, and now he's trying to cross into other realms uninvited.

Don't say I didn't warn you...any of you...:D

It could be Wizard from the CCG that subconsciously got you.

Nope, I do not respect him.

Now lets serious this discussion up by looking at some interesting things from Wizard's card:

http://ccg.jetlag.us/v/All/c-p-wizard.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=3

* Lieutenant John Hefter? Then why does his nametag say 'Stowski'

* There's an entirely new class of fighter in back of him that no one has ever obssessed over before.

* I really like the tri-color pilot wing logos worn by various CCG pilots.

* ... but I get mad when I realize that nobody told the CCG artists how the rank insignias work. They made everyone a Space Forces Captain. Actually, no one told us how they work either. We had to figure it out! On the streets!

Next time: the deep socio-political ramifications suggested by the existence of McGoo.

Eh, the CCG art. Some of them were ok but most of them were so horrible, I was really ashamed when I showed them others and tried to interest them in playing it.
I guess that's why I didn't paid much attention to the detail in the background - I didn't take it serious.

I like the Excalibur. Then again I like Sir Mix Alot.......n then again I like America....Land of the Free and Home of the Whopper! :D

Eh, the CCG art. Some of them were ok but most of them were so horrible, I was really ashamed when I showed them others and tried to interest them in playing it.

The CCG is an odd bird; obviously there are some pretty easy criticisms of the art... like the fact that they repeated the same ship graphic over and over and over. I would have rather seen painted fighters in the first place.

That said, collecting the CCG was one of my happiest experiences as a fan. This was back before the internet spoiled everything months in advance, so I only found out about it because my brother saw an advertisement in InQuest months before it was released... I was away at summer camp and he called to tell me and I spent two weeks itching to get back and see the advertisement he'd described.

And then a few months later there it was, in a store! Whole boxes of it, behind the counter of the hobby shop at the mall... I skrimped and saved and begged and borrowed for months to buy as many WC:CCG cards as I could. There wasn't a card list or anything online at the time... so I wrote Mag Force 7 and was so excited when Don Perrin e-mailed those to me, and promised to send me the promo card (and later the other promo card - really really nice guy.) I remember the first started I bought and finding all sorts of obscure references and drawigns of things I'd imagined before (Mr. Kat!) -- it was a neat, neat experience that lasted for a good long while.

Collecting them was a blast - and a major pain. It was not easy getting them in Germany and I don't remember exactly, but I think I missed the start of them and only stumbled per accident over them, seeing a pack in a store. Then I had the only real collecting frenzy I ever had: making my father deviate from our route to visit some stores that had them, buying whole boxes with 16 starter decks or 32 booster packs, making detailed lists how many and which cards I owned, phoning everywhere I knew and ask about the cards (I didn't use the internet at that time). My father was very supporting in that, I have to say. I remember, he was doing some business in the States and looked for some cards for me and brought packs back. And then, we had went to New York for a vacation, he ordered two whole boxes (or even more?) for me and had them delivered to our hotel. It was great, entering in the room and having all those cards.

With over 2000 cards, I stumbled over the CIC and found the card list and saw that I still missed some cards (the Sorthak and a battle damage card for the Kilrathi). Thanks to the CIC, I made contact with some people who were willing to trade cards, so that I could finally complete my collection. Though I remember I was a rather annoying trade partner because I whined a lot about each card I had to give away. Mpanty even wanted to stop the transaction because he thought I would die of grief :). But in exchange for the cards I sent him, he sent me FC, so that was a good deal.

I was very proud when I finally had all the cards. Except the promo cards of course, of whose existence I didn't know anything before coming here. And to think that a single email would have been enough. ;)

Back