Eel Farmer Check In

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
So did anyone else want to become an eel farmer after playing Wing Commander?

I wanted to ever since I was a kid, but playing WC pushed me over the edge.

Anyone else?

Of course.

I actually tried my hand at eel farming a few years back, but my crops were all eaten by ant infestations. The losses were too much and bankrupted me, so I never bothered again.

Absolutely.

I was pretty heartbroken when the Eel Farmers' League rejected my application for apprenticeship because I'm flat-footed.

Gotta be nimble to catch them eels.

I live in Alaska, so it wouldn't have been possible, but I'm moving soon so I may soon be able to Live the Dream. Wish me luck.

Q: What do you get if you cross an electric eel with a sponge?
A: A shock absorber!

I wish there were modern tech eels here like in the first world. living in a jungle and using bamboo computers is no fun anymore. although, someone told me they power our primitive machines with lots of elictrical eels.

I had some eel sushi this weekend, now the PETA wants to go medieval on my ass :(

I developed an eellergy when I was five that gave me rashes and snapped my dreams like fishbone. Twenty years later, they've found something to hypersensibilize me, but now the hair-trigger reflexes are gone. I thought about branching into Eel Estate, but it just dosn't fEel right.

WC split me in two - agony over all the chances lost in deep water and the diluted perspectives I chose instead; but it also showed me that someday history may throw you another decomposing horse's head. Or something like that.

They told me that even with PRK I wouldn't have good enough vision to farm electric eels for the government. *sigh* Everyone knows that they translated The Eel Commandments wrong when it says "thou shalt not farm eels" they left out the part "without rubber boots so you won't get zapped." Not only that my girlfriend doesn't want me to go. Even though I told her that it was my duty to lessen our dependence on foreign energy and place it more on a more under the sea source.

Nice video LOAF... Ever read the lyrics to that song?

I briefly thought about eel farming. When I realized I might be forced to sell them as food to be profitable I had to change my mind. I have a moral adversity to selling aquatic life to be eaten which was a result of reading the following peer reviewed article (WC Peers that is :D):
http://www.livejournal.com/users/banditloaf/50726.html
Now whether the author is "racist" for approving of cows to be eaten and NOT seafood is covered thoroughly on the morality and Is Killing...? threads.

Farming eels isn't about eating them - it's about their beautiful colors: green, light green, dark green, etc.

Sure, Eels have the same moral status as cattle... Just read Kant, he even uses this very example in his book Critique of the Eel Morals.

Tried to do a WC music video with E(e)lectricity by OMD as the background song - failed, because there is no fitting footage.

Tried myself at creative, controversial, and eelating one-liners like TopGun - failed too.

Life is hard if you're no eel.

Back