A die-hard WC fan in the Far East desperately wants your help!

frui

Rear Admiral
Dear friends here, I am a big fan of WC series. For 9 years I've played every WC game out there and bought the WC movie DVD. Only one regret: ever since 1996 I have been waiting for the WCA animated series to be channeled in my country in vain. I searched for Amazon with no result. Now I bumped into this site and my heart is lighted again...well the links are dead.I am too late for the divx AVi files here, and I want them so badly. Can you help me fulfill my dream and send me those files? I can set up a FTP site. I know it would be a great trouble and I will appreciate your help so much!

My email: sugeladi@hotmail.com

Now this is a novel approach. I'd be glad to help you out, for I am keeper of the WCA. Keep in mind that these episodes are about 65 megabytes each, but I'll upload them to you.

Thank you all! I really feel at home here.
That's such a big favor from you,TyeDyeBoy. I have found episode 10, 11 from this site. I will wait to see if it will roll back to the previous episodes. That will save you the great troulbe of uploading hundreds of megabytes. Thanks again, you guys are great! I will stick around here for the years to come.

Next week, I'll be setting up a new WCA mirror next week. I found this great web host, but I can't afford it right now. :) I'll be offering both the DivX and RealMedia (for those with crappy ISPs) files. I'll give you where you can get them later.

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
Welcome aboard.It's nice to see that Wing Commander has truly reached all corners of the globe.

That's true WC have reach all over the world, BTW here are you from frui?, I'm from el Salvador, Central America.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
That's true WC have reach all over the world, BTW here are you from frui?, I'm from el Salvador, Central America.

He's from Texas. Read his profile it's in there. :)

Originally posted by frui
I can set up a FTP site.
Originally posted by Meson
Next week, I'll be setting up a new WCA mirror next week. I found this great web host, but I can't afford it right now. :) I'll be offering both the DivX and RealMedia (for those with crappy ISPs) files.
That's great news!!! :):cool:

Hmmmm I've never seen WCA here in Australia...I'd love to see it but I'm too lazy to download 65 meg files :D

Anyway, it would take something in the order of ten hours :(

Meson, that's great news from you. I am holding my breath. Actually I bumped into your old site which no longer exists through google search. I wrote an email to your old email address and got it bounced back.
Rampage, I am from China, not Texas. I think WC is the greatest game of the world, period. My ardent love might be because it's the first serious game I play. :)
I recommend WC to all my friends who like computer games, who fall in love with it too. I even wrote an article about WC for a major magazine in China, and mentioned it in several of my other articles.
I hardly play any computer games now, yet I am still waiting for the next WC game no matter how little hope there is.

China... the home I have never known...

Anyway, redwolf, WCATV was on the early morning children's slot a couple of years ago, haven't heard of them since. And I know what you mean, there's no way I'd be able to download the episodes either.

I've been trying to download those episodes for about two years now, but to no avail. Damn thing always kicks me off at about two percent. :(

Man, if the Sci-Fi Channel still showed cartoons in the mornings (they did up till last summer, I think, but air Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or something now) I could definitely see WCA on there. Or Toonami on Cartoon Network.

Oh, well, I guess I'll see 'em someday. After all, I once thought I'd never play WC1, but I have.

Eww, all Toonami seems to be is anime.

But, yeah, I never thought I'd play WC3/4, and I managed to get them from a friend. :)

Cartoon Network is creating Adult Swim, a block dedicated to more maturer audiances. Maybe WCA could of been on it in some form.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
I've been trying to download those episodes for about two years now, but to no avail. Damn thing always kicks me off at about two percent. :(

That's why you need a program like GetRight, if the connection dies it'll reconnect and resume the download from where it was. (Assuming the server supports resuming.)

Originally posted by Meson
Cartoon Network is creating Adult Swim, a block dedicated to more maturer audiances. Maybe WCA could of been on it in some form.

But WCA isn't 'mature' by any definition of the word. We don't need to get too full of ourselves -- it's a childrens cartoon (somewhere, at another UBB Smurfs fans are talking about how horrible it is that nobody respects how 'adult' their show is... <G>)

(Except, of course, that there were only 13 episodes, which precludes it from being sold into daily syndication...)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Anyway, redwolf, WCATV was on the early morning children's slot a couple of years ago, haven't heard of them since.

Pay TV or free to air? Pay TV has never attracted me, I've got better things to do than pay for TV I would rarely use.

Back