Your Top Five favorite Bands

Damn, you're all a bunch of headbangers. I'll make a list of six since I want to mention Garbage.

6. Garbage
Thanks for the info, but a best-of album should only come out when someone dies.

5. The Cardigans
Their songwriting prowess goes much further than Lovefool, maybe to a lesser extent on Gran Turismo, but they've become a favorite in recent years.

4. Maroon5
I saw them open for Michelle Branch in San Francisco before anyone heard of these guys and they were amazing, and on top of that, I have a bootleg of both performances on a DVR. For like two years, I was hoping they would get popular, and when they finally did, they were TOO popular. I like being snobby about my music and knowing stuff most people don't know. But oh well, they deserve the success.

3. Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five
Watching this guy play piano is like watching Ron Jeremy pleasure a woman. I don't want to elaborate...

2. Bree Sharp
The only Amazon.com recommendation that actually panned out for me. She's an amazing singer/guitarist/songwriter that went indie after her silly David Duchovny song became a hit and is trying to breakout again on a new commercial label. Which is okay. Sure, it's delaying her new album so it can go through the new label's processing, but when they're ready, I'll be. You have to hear her for yourself; there's several song samples at her website www.breesharp.com that includes an amazing live solo cover of Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (that blows the original version away, for sure).

1. The Submarines
My absolute favorite new artists, which is a duo of a man and a woman, each singing a solo lead on songs with the other as backup or harmonizing together. You might remember their song Brighter Discontent which was featured in the last season finale of Nip/Tuck. Their album is very mellow rock with lyrics about relationships that speak to me more than anything else I've ever heard. I can't get enough of it. Go to Amazon and listen to the samples. You won't regret it (unless you're one of the metalheads).

It's hard to believe just how old the other responces in this thread make me feel.

1) Little Feat
2) Allman Brothers
3) Rush
4) Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers
5) The Fabulous Thunderbirds

1. Megaherz
2. Paradise Lost
3. Depeche Mode
4. In Flames
5. Soilwork

Blind Guardian is known in America?
Totally awesome!
Best Powermetal in the world.

1. Nightwish
2. VNV Nation
3. Rammstein
4. Iron Maiden
5. Front Line Assembly

I know these bands are much differrent from each other but my music taste is somewhat
strange :p

1. Guided by Voices

2. Secret Machines

3. The Lost Sounds

4. The Clash

5. Battles (or maybe) The Grifters

6. Ten in the swear Jar

7. Sparklehorse

8. Young Galaxy

9. Elf Power

10. Sebadoh (or anything with lou Barlowe, "Folk Implosion" etc.)

1) The Beatles
2) Rage Against The Machine
3) The Thrill (Japanese jazz band)
4) The Roots
5) The Music

Back