Wing Commander Tabletop Miniatures Game

wildcat86

Spaceman
I don't know if Ironduke is doing this or not, but I'm creating a Minis game for Wing Commander, with actual plastic Miniatures to be played on a gridmap. I'm just about done with the rules, and I'm going to have a ship list with ships from wc1 to wc2 for the first set, Armada and 3 in the Second set, Privateer and 4 in the third set and Prophecy in the fourth.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'm planning on making the mini's in bulk, and selling boosters for 10 dollars american, and starters for 15.

Boosters consist of 5 ships: 1 large, 1 medium, 3 fighters stat cards. Starters consist of 1 Superlarge (Concordia, or Sivar, whichever you choose), 2 large, 2 medium, 5 fighters, rules, dice, map, stat cards.

Like I said, rules are being tweaked, and sent to a focus group to gather information on game feel.

Before dumping lots of money into sculpting epoxy, I'd like to get a feel for as to if YOU guys would like to see something, buy some stuff. All of the rules are not set, as for the pricing (if you guys want your own ships) or even what goes into a booster/starter, although I will say I won't budge much on ship counts in them.

If there is a lot of support, the first 5 people who posts here gets a prototype Bengal and Rapier II (whenever the modelers start producing them) for free.

Looks like we're really after the same thing... Except that I want to release something like a "game kit" for free, where players have to print out game maps and stat cards themselves.
Of course, with costs involved like modeling epoxy, no one will expect you to give it away for free. ;)

Anyway, I'd be very interested in some ship models - but since I already finished my own set of rules, I'd be more interested in buying select models rather than starter and booster kits. Any idea on the scale of the models yet?

If anyone is interested let me know. I'm planning on making the mini's in bulk, and selling boosters for 10 dollars american, and starters for 15.

Boosters consist of 5 ships: 1 large, 1 medium, 3 fighters stat cards. Starters consist of 1 Superlarge (Concordia, or Sivar, whichever you choose), 2 large, 2 medium, 5 fighters, rules, dice, map, stat cards.

Are these supposed to be random assortments? We can help you get in touch with EA's licensing department if you think you have some kind of business opportunity here. If you don't mean it like that, I don't see what the point of booster packs would be. Just figure out how much it costs to make a set and tell people what the price is. We've looked at making miniatures before, and you're looking at thousands of dollars to get started. Also, tell us more about this "focus group."

And oh yeah, you're banned.

12) You are allowed one Crius.net account. If there is an issue with your account, please contact the Administrators via email or IRC. Under no circumstances are users allowed to register a second account. Multiple accounts will be closed without warning.

Back