Wing Commander Prophecy Mouse Issue

Knight26-77

Rear Admiral
Whenever I start WCP my mouse pointer immediately moves up to the upper right of the screen. If I move it away it runs right back there. I have unplugged and plugged back in my mouse, keyboard, and sticks. The problem persists no matter what is, or is not plugged in. Any thoughts?

Whenever I start WCP my mouse pointer immediately moves up to the upper right of the screen. If I move it away it runs right back there. I have unplugged and plugged back in my mouse, keyboard, and sticks. The problem persists no matter what is, or is not plugged in. Any thoughts?
Something similar happened to me with WCP and WCIV. Check the compatibility settings of prophecy.exe and uncheck the compatibility mode. I also suggest to check the "run as administrator" option.

Something similar happened to me with WCP and WCIV. Check the compatibility settings of prophecy.exe and uncheck the compatibility mode. I also suggest to check the "run as administrator" option.
I tried that. Unfortunately it had no effect.

I figured it out. For some reason my rudder pedals were doing it, specifically my toe brakes, so I just disconnected it for now.

It is an issue with the calibration of your sticks. You may use the calibration tool from Windows to stop Windows from thinking you are holding the stick to a certain direction. Alternativly you may unplug the stick or if you want to go on using the stick, adjust the dead zone of the stick. Most game controllers like sticks have a software for that.

Back