Wing Commander Movie on USA

Napoleon

Spaceman
Hi all just thought I would inform but on suday (tomorrow) the 14th at 4pm EDT on the cable channel USA the Wing Commander Movie will be on. Just thought I would inform. Peace

Over here in the UK, they show the Wing Commander movie, regurily on Sky Movie Max. I don't know why, but it seems that when every we get a new movie over here, they show it 2 or 3 times a week, then a month or two later, 1 or 2 times a week, and so on.

Same with Sky TV here in NZ. They don't show it all that often, but I've caught it a couple of times.

Best, Raptor

Ehy must they edit movies?? its silly. I hate it when a tv channel changes what people say to a completely different line. Like in Judge Dredd last night. Whole lines were changed by 'the superstation' (tnn i think) to show it on tv.

The FCC says what is allowed on a TV station, even if it's cable. George Carlin had a hysterical commentary called "Seven Words You Cannot Say On TV" because of it. Actually, because of him, the FCC got more strict with what can't be said on the radio (since he first did the skit on some 70s radio show).

Also, I can't believe you acknowledged watching Judge Dredd! Poor you! ;)

If you hate editings and like DragonBall Z then you wouldn't like it over here in the UK. They are constatly taking out all the good bits because British Television law is quite strict.

The FCC says what is allowed on a TV station, even if it's cable.

Is it just me, or is the word "shit" being gradually phased in as "acceptable." Couple years ago, it was said on Chicago Hope, then about 160 times on an episode of South Park.

Nevermind. :)

US broadcasting laws aren't particularly strict -- but shows/etc generally self-censor themselves so as not to offend their audiences.

If your cable's anything like mine, should be on right now. Go. See it. NOW.

(Right after Army of Darkness, too - kinda appropriete, don't ya think? :))

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Ehy must they edit movies?? its silly. I hate it when a tv channel changes what people say to a completely different line. Like in Judge Dredd last night. Whole lines were changed by 'the superstation' (tnn i think) to show it on tv.

Oy. Instead of whining about the edits, why don't y'all just go BUY the dang video, so you can watch the whole uncesored/uneditied THING!?... It can be had at a garage sale or flea market near you (at least here in the U.S.) for $2-7 or so, on average...).

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Is it just me, or is the word "shit" being gradually phased in as "acceptable." Couple years ago, it was said on Chicago Hope, then about 160 times on an episode of South Park.
I think it is, despite the joke you made out of it. And not just that either, lots of previously censored words are making it into media.

Understandable, since "shit" refers to human...er, excrement, while balls has sexual...I think you get the picture. ;)

[And African Dung Beetles roll shit into balls. - Ed.]

Back