Wing Commander Medals

WC doesn't seem to give ribbons for medals -- in the original game you recieved ribbons for a number of things, but never when you were awarded a new medal.

Do we know what all the ribbons are for in WC1? I know you recieve them as you progress so far in the game, and I've heard you get them as you accumulate so many kills, but has it been established with any certainty what you do to get each one?

Yup, there's several charts in Claw Marks which show what they're for.

* Academy Graduation (Automatic)
* Flight Training (Automatic)
* Vega Sector Campaign (Fly one Mission)
* Ace (Five Kills)
* Ace of Aces (Twenty Five Kills)
* 5-Mission (Fly five missions)
* 10-Mission (Fly ten missions)
* 15-Missions (Fly fifteen missions)
* Hornet Fighter Qualification (Fly one mission in a Hornet)
* Scimitar Fighter Qualification (Fly one mission in a Scimitar)
* Raptor Fighter Qualification (Fly one mission in a Raptor)
* Rapier II Fighter Qualification (Fly one mission in a Rapier II)

We'll work on a ribbon chart at some point in the near future (once I ship a WCIVDVD down here).

Another fun ribbon note -- Blair and Seether wear the same ribbons in WCIV... in reverse order.

That list looks like something you would see in the modern Air Force. :(

Go to boot camp, get a ribbon. Shoot a rifle, get a ribbon. Go to NCO school, get a ribbon. Pick your nose, get a medal.

Yup, score all the kills possible in the first mission and you'll recieve three of the ribbons (Vega Sector, Hornet and Ace).

Not to mention the huge amount of medals you get in the Vega Campaign. Several bronze, gold and silver Stars, maybe a golden sun, and the Pewter Planet (which we never get to save in a file).

very nice work. i've always wanted to see those medals. together with the ranking system, you've done a great job

thumbs up :)

Bandit LOAF said:
Silver Star is the first medal you win, for completing T'Lan Meth 9.
I thought Casey was only 'recommended' for it. Though I guess it's safe to assume he received it afterwards.

Bandit LOAF said:
The 'unidentified' one is the one Casey recieves at the very end of the game -- it's never given a name.
Couldn't remember that, but I watched the movie again and saw it. Man, it's been a long time since I've played WCP!

Wedge009 said:
Please tell me you've tried HCl's patch. :(

Failing that, there's the Movie Player too.

I hadn't tried the Patch, but I do use the Movie Player to view the movies

Just wondering, for all the medals shelled out to american servicemen how are they earned. I heard a pilot gets a medal for flying over the atlantic and then another one if he flys over ireland because it is a war zone, is this true.

We get medals for warzones only if we spend more than a month there.

Back