Wing Commander IV (DVD version) joystick help?

What exactly is the issue with it? You don't get movement at all? Or are you talking about all the extra buttons other than primary and secondary fire?

If your joystick isn't initializing at all, then you probably need to enable it in the WC4 menu either from the loadout terminal or in the inflight options menu by pressing alt-o.

Well it's weird because it lets me look around and shoot with the trigger button but none of the other buttons do anything. When I have time tonight I'll check out the inflight options menu and see if I can fix it from there.

Well it's weird because it lets me look around and shoot with the trigger button but none of the other buttons do anything. When I have time tonight I'll check out the inflight options menu and see if I can fix it from there.

I don't think the dos version of WC4 allows for extra button mapping. You have to do that externally. Logitech controllers used to come preloaded with a WC4 profile that you would set in windows to map things like comms to your joystick or whatever else you fancied. You should (IIRC) get movement and guns and possibly throttle out of the box with the Windows version though.

By default though you will still have to do most commands like switching guns with the keyboard.

Well, I'm currently using an old USB Top Gun Afterburner 2, with my DVD version of the game, on my XP PC and that works fine. Trigger, throttle, hat and missile launch all work, but I've not tried any of the other buttons.....so used to using the keyboard! I must get my trusty Suncom F15E Talon working with my XP PC, as it still works fine on the old PC under Win 98SE.

Back