Wing Commander dream cast

There was no WC game for the DreamCast, but it could be great.

Christian Bale should be Blair.

G Man said:
(I can't believe this website considers it part of the official WC Universe).

It's a stain, but unfortunately I suppose the movie has to be considered official, as much as I wish it hadn't ever been made.

Your cast list is pretty much right on the money, except of course for not keeping McDowell as Tolwyn. Maybe Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer could play Maverick and Iceman.

Nomad Terror said:
I refuse to acknowledge G Man's post as a part of this board.

I refuse to acknowledge your refusal to acknowledge G Man's post as a part of this board as a part of this board.

I don't want a movie, I want a game. :(

Bandit LOAF said:
I refuse to acknowledge your refusal to acknowledge G Man's post as a part of this board as a part of this board.

I refuse to acknowledge pie as a part of desert.

I refuse to acknowledge pie as a part of desert.

Sorry, the official opinion of this website -- which means no one can disagree with it! -- is that no pie is a meal unto itself.

Everyone from Wc3 was great, but as for the rest:

Paladin: Sean Connery
Spirit: Lucy Liu
Iceman: Sean Penn
Hunter: Russel Coight
Jazz: Tom Cruise (As he was from Rain Man)
Halcyon: Patrick Stuart
Shotglass: Brian Moriarty (Gurney Halleck from the Dune Miniseries)

Hunter: Russel Coight
Don't you mean Glenn Robins? Russ would do more harm than good, moreso than Maniac.

as for my list:
Mav: Michael Shanks
Maniac: Patrick Swayze
Jazz: Tom Cruise
Hunter: Bryan Brown
Spirit: Michele Yeoh
Doomsday: Can't remember the guys name from SW eps 1+2....the security guy (ill lookit up later right now im in a bit of a rush)

Aplha 1-1 said:
Don't you mean Glenn Robins? Russ would do more harm than
Doomsday: Can't remember the guys name from SW eps 1+2....the security guy (ill lookit up later right now im in a bit of a rush)

Hugh Quarshie. He was one of the Bridge officers in WCM too.

Look in the good side, at least they didn't make a Micheal Bay movie with Ben Afflect as Blair.

Don't you mean Glenn Robins? Russ would do more harm than good, moreso than Maniac.

You're probably right.

Maniac: Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze? Picking anyone but Tom Wilson is heresy. The only thing Swayze has over Wilson is starring in Roadhouse, and Roadhouse the Board Game.

Maj.Striker said:
That's also when you know an actor has screwed themselves over...Dr. Frasier Crane anyone? Joey Tribiani? Scotty? Spock? Ray Romano?

Good luck finding them in any movies worth watching. When you can't separate the character from the actor then the actor is going to stereo typed the rest of their lives.

Your point is understood; however, the comparison between TV and film actors is not a good one. TV actors get too associated with a role based on how frequently they play the character (daily or weekly), versus a film actor being associated with a role based on their stunning performance.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a film actor to be very associated with their character. I can't ever imagine seeing someone other than Mark Hamill play the part of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, but that doesn't mean I thought of Luke Skywalker every time I saw Hamill in Wing Commander. (Although, apparently Tom Wilson did--"Isn't that the guy from Star Wars?" :))

However, based on the number of times I saw Matt LeBlanc play Joey Tribiani in Friends, I can't see him in any other role without thinking of Joey. Heck, he even stars in his newer show called... Joey.

I am impressed at how quickly this thread has grown.

Glen Robbins as Hunter? The mother's dopey fiance from Australian sitcom Kath & Kim? Hilarious!! Although he actually does look a lot like Hunter in WC1 if a bit too old (Hunter is only 27).

I first time I ever saw Malcolm McDowell was in WC3, but since I've seen Clockwork Orange and If..., from his heyday as an actor, that's what I associate McDowell with now. When he plays Tolwyn he speaks with a posh English accent, his real accent is a Leeds Yorkshire accent, though his accent seems to have been Americanized from living in California for years. But that's the McDowell I think of now, the young rebel from Clockwork Orange and If....

To me Halcyon is the archetypcal, square-jawed, clean-cut, middle-aged American colonel, so I don't know about Patrick Stewart playing him.

Freddie Prinze Jr. could play Catscratch, but he sucks, and there are hundreds of other popular young actors his age to choose from anyway.

Aplha 1-1 said:
Hunters probably the only thing the movie got right

Putting aside the terrible accent and completely minimal role, Id have to agree

I have looked at the other entries and I agreed with some of the peoples opinion but I won't make a comment but to write my list of what I could love to see play in the movie. Most of the names are already mention but I like to add my two cents in as well.

Christopher 'Maverick' Blair - If there is a younger version of Mark Hamill. Jesse Spencer might do a good job (Australian Actor in the show House MD)
Todd 'Maniac' Marshall III - Sean William Scott could do a good job at it, especially if it starts earlier
Shotglass (Wing 1) - Robert Duvall (I swear those two are so similiar)
James 'Paladin' Taggart - John Rhys Davies
Jeanntte 'Angel' Devereaux - Charlize Theron with her hair brown and work on the accent and it might just work.
Chen 'Bossman' Kien - Jet Li would be quite interesting, although at the moment I am tossed up in the air with Chow Yun Fat and another Hong Kong actor which I cannot remember from the top of my head
Ian 'Hunter' St John - Hugh Jackman would come very close with the sideburns similiar to Wolverine in X-Man
Tanaka 'Spirit' Mariko - Michelle Yeoh
Joesph 'Knight' Khumalo - Denzel Washington
Geoffery Tolwyn - Malcolm McDowell (Should I say more)
William Eisen - Morgan Freeman
Colonel Halcycon - undecided
Michael 'Iceman' Casey - Kiefer Sutherland or Harrison Ford

I think there are more names I could mention but I have to leave at that.....

Back