Wing Commander 3 Fandub? (October 30, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
I'll be honest: I don't quite know what this is! RedPhoenix recently sent us this email:
I'm a great fan of the WC-series and I also visit your webpage many times. I wanted to show you a Fandub from a scene of Wing Commander III - Heart of the Tiger, which I made with a friend of mine together. Only one problem is that you won't understand it, because it is in German.

But I still want to give it to you as little present for your anniversary.

Congratulations and have fun with the clip!

Here is the link to the fandub: here

With nice greetings, RedPhoenix
Since I don't speak German I don't know... is it funny? Serious? What? A kind submission, regardless!

--
Original update published on October 30, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
It is serious, well besides the two outtakes.

As far as I remember the scene it is accurate to the English version.

For a fan dub it is pretty good IMO, however as a the accent of the speakers is pretty awful for me (as would be mine for them I guess).

Really good dub. Especially the voice of Maniac, but IMHO Blair should sound a little less gentle, don't you think? In spite of that these guys are doing some excellent job!

Really good dub. Especially the voice of Maniac, but IMHO Blair should sound a little less gentle, don't you think? In spite of that these guys are doing some excellent job!

BTW if you're reading this, greets from your eastern neighbor. :D

It's accurate.
There is no accent so far - at least for me as a native speaker :D

Guess you are from northern Germany then, right?

For me (Austrian), there is a quite noticeable accent that I dislike.

Not too derail the thread too much but I'm from middle/south Germany and I can't hear any accent either, the words are spoken clearly, no letters are swallowed, it's pretty much perfect"Hochdeutsch" for me.

Maybe you dislike the voices? Or maybe "German" German as a whole (in comparison to Austrian German I mean)?

Back