Wing Commander 1, 2, and SM+SO 1&2...what is it?

Sedmire

Spaceman
At one point, I owned Wing Commander 1 and 2 with both of their expansions.

I don't seem to have them anymore, but I can't seem to find any trace that the copy of the games I owned ever existed.

The one I had was in a full-sized white box. It was NOT the Kilrathi Saga, just the first two games. WC3 wasn't even out at the time.
What was it, and does anyone have pictures?
As a sidenote, I'd pay good money for it. If one were so inclined to sell it.

Origin came out with a few "Deluxe Editions" of WC 1 and 2, containing the original games and add-ons (plus speech accesory pack for WC2). Though from what I remember, there wasn't a 1+2 two-pack. I could be wrong, though, and a white box does seem possible in my fuzzy memory.

Anyways, best bet it to check out the auctions on eBay. And, if you want to play WC1 and 2 once more, why not just upgrade to the Kilrathi Saga (if price isn't that bad)?

It's in those pictures. It's the thick white box in the box of boxes (!) with both of the WC titles on it, and the second to the right in the upper left hand corner of the other picture.
Thanks!

EDIT: Only reason I want this specific one is for sentimental reasons. I have otherwise obtained copies of the games, but I prefer to *own* the games I play.

There was also a 'Privateer/Strike Commander' dual release in this line. I believe they both came out at the same time in mid-1994.

They seem to be a lot more common in Europe, where the box is slightly different -- it has the descriptions for the games in three languages (English, French and German).

I have a Privateer/Strike Commander Dual CD. English was all it was.
Never came in a Box Sadly. It was part of a much much larger package back when Gateway used to do their deals with selling you a WHOLE lot of games along with your new Computer. We had gotten a 386 which ran the games a little slow but I didn't care (I was pretty young so I wasn't thinking about the new stuff). We also got Red Baron, TFX, and some other old favorites. But nothing beat playing Privateer W/ Righteous Fire and Strike Commander w/ Top Secret Operations (I think that's the name). :-p
Anyways, I just wanted to say that this package of like.. 6 or so games included the dual cd :D.
Thanks to DOSBox 0.63 (latest CVS) I can play Privateer as it was meant to be ;).

Btw, does anybody know of a way to hack Privateer CD to display the text subtitles in anyway? I'm curious because in the CD version there was no way to know how much you had yet to earn to buy the new ships unless you knew the prices by heart or played with the sound disabled. And I just like being able to view the subtitles.

Thanks,
/Ieremiou

Yeah, when the guy told you about how much more you needed it was pretty cool...

BTW, did they fix the joystick support ion 0.63?

Bandit LOAF said:
They seem to be a lot more common in Europe, where the box is slightly different -- it has the descriptions for the games in three languages (English, French and German).

Yep, they were released as "Electronic Arts Classic Series". I own the WC2-Packege of it and they only come along with the jewel-Cases.
There are also several white-box-series, mostly Deluxe-Versions with all add-ons.

Back