What if theories!

The TCS Victory without Blair was, after all, "a second string backup carrier" that has not seen much "serious combat". Not exactly the ideal protector for confed last, best hope for victory. With Blair, however, it becomes an fearsome fighting force, capable of taking 5 Kilrathi carriers and multiple other capships, raiding Kilrathi prision worlds, and assaulting jump points on downtown Kilrah. Hey, Blair celebrity status even gives the Victory recognition within the Kilrathi royalty.

Again, I think you're missing the point - Blair didn't magically make the Victory a supercarrier. Tolwyn assigned Blair to the Victory and *then* moved the Victory to the front lines.

here's another what if

what if, in False Colors, Tolwin and his friends DIDN'T stop the dreaddie, but instead the dreaddie was already spacing by then and they meet at the jump point, and the supper carrier gets squashed along with Kruger's fleet, and whatever his name is decides to keep going until he is deep in Confed space?

what if, in False Colors, Tolwin and his friends DIDN'T stop the dreaddie, but instead the dreaddie was already spacing by then and they meet at the jump point, and the supper carrier gets squashed along with Kruger's fleet, and whatever his name is decides to keep going until he is deep in Confed space?

Ragark will then twirl his handlebar moustache and KILL JAMES BOND.

He wanted to conquer the Hralgkrak Province - not throw away his dreadnought for no reason. He's not going "deep in Confed space" any time soon.

Bandit LOAF said:
Again, I think you're missing the point - Blair didn't magically make the Victory a supercarrier. Tolwyn assigned Blair to the Victory and *then* moved the Victory to the front lines.

There was no magic involved! Tolwyn did transfer Blair because he felt that the Victory could benefit greatly from a Wing Commander with his stature and experience. The assignment was a little more than merely fortuitous.

I think we can agree that the Victory "only made it into serious combat because Tolwyn assigned Blair there."

Delance said:
I think we can agree that the Victory "only made it into serious combat because Tolwyn assigned Blair there."

Actually, I think it's vice versa. :p Blair made it into serious combat because he was assigned to the Victory. The mission for the Vic must have already been in the planning stages. Blair was just sent there to back them up.

Back