Weapons of the marines/army

Hmm, looking at the picture of the Kilrathi admiral getting toasted. The Emperor was Thrako's grandfather. The leader of the Kilrathi fleet at Goddard was Thrako's dad. Does this mean that the Emperor was executing his own son?

This looks to be another weapon of some kind
wc3germ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Black Lance gun is a nod to the plasma-rifle in the game Fallout? It has the same layout.

Does Pliers call the stormfires old technology in one of the weapon-screen voice messages?

I think the Black Lance gun is a nod to the plasma-rifle in the game Fallout? It has the same layout.

Well... Fallout came out in 1997, and Wing Commander IV was flmed in 1995... so it seems unlikely.

Does Pliers call the stormfires old technology in one of the weapon-screen voice messages?

Sort of... it's quoted earlier in this thread, but it isn't clear whether he's referring to the idea of a slug-throwing weapon as old technology or the Stormfire specifically.

In the opening scene to Privater RF the robot looking guy with the minigun like device attached to his arm. Sorry no screen shot.

That's me, sans-facial hair... the gun appears in the 'Kilrah' scenes of WC3, held by a guard in the background.

A cropped closeup of this was already given but it looks like the Firekkan on the right is holding a different weapon in this scene from Wing Commander: The Secret Missions 2: Crusade
sm2screenshot10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, that looks like the same weapon to me, albeit held at a different angle - they both share the same type of stock, which is probably foldable, and the ammunition feed seems to be similar - the 'handle' on the rifle to the left looks to be hidden by the way the Firekkan there is holding it, while the one on the right is holding the rifle up in a way that it's quite obvious.

Good points, but . . .

The weapon on the right dosn't appear to have the same front sight as the one on the left.

The weapon on the right appears to have a handle in front of the pistol grip/trigger. That area in front of the pistol grip/trigger is visible on the left weapon and there is no handle. Maybe it folds/retracts?

It would be very probable that Firekkan fighters would have an assortment of whatever weapons they could get while being forced to fight a guerilla war against a superior occupying force. They would probably have a combination of arms supplied by Confed, captured Kilrathi weapons, and guns they manufactured themselves.

I don't think they're the same guns -- that screenshot is, in all likelyhood, the entire source of information we'll ever have about these weapons... and it clearly shows two different shapes. The 'close' one isn't just missing the 'handle' -- it also has a large front sight that the 'distant' one lacks.

What this thread really needs now is someone to do 'tech manual' style line art of the various guns identified.

Back