WCP Outtake

Ijuin

Admiral
"You wanted to see me, Lieutenant?" Willford asked as he stood in the doorway to Finley's office.

"Yes, Captain," Finley said. "Colonel Dekker brought in something very interesting on that boarding operation on that Nephilim cruiser this morning."

"What is it?" the Captain asked.

Finley held up a jar. Inside, several large bluish-gray insects were milling about. As Willford gazed at them, they started waving their forelimbs at him threateningly.

"We are doom!" one howled.

"You shall be fodder for our beasts, human!" another roared.

"The darkness shall consume you!" added a third.

Willford stared at the insects, slack-jawed.

:D

Apparently you didn't get the joke. I was trying to suggest that the Nephilim were actually tiny little creatures the size of Earth insects rather than being two or three meters tall. Sort of like how the Wizard of Oz was really a humbug--they talk big and have big ships and weapons, but it turns out that they are just teeney-tiny bugs!

Yeah, you would have seen that if you'd beaten Prophecy. I believe that's where the ten-foot tall or so bug is shown.

actually we dont KNOW the nephilim are 10 feet tall, marky mark hammill could just be really really small :D

but seriously, dont u see the nephilim before the last mission? at least one or 2 before? and u occasionally see their buggy four eyes on ur

I didn't really find that funny because it's already known that the bugs are larger than Humans. But a nice try, anyway.

Originally posted by Ijuin
"You wanted to see me, Lieutenant?" Willford asked as he stood in the doorway to Finley's office.

"Yes, Captain," Finley said. "Colonel Dekker brought in something very interesting on that boarding operation on that Nephilim cruiser this morning."

"What is it?" the Captain asked.

Finley held up a jar. Inside, several large bluish-gray insects were milling about. As Willford gazed at them, they started waving their forelimbs at him threateningly.

"We are doom!" one howled.

"You shall be fodder for our beasts, human!" another roared.

"The darkness shall consume you!" added a third.

Willford stared at the insects, slack-jawed.

:D

Funny Shiznet :D Reminds me of the movie Men In Black. :D

If they were that small, they probably would be too stupid to do anything. Not enough room for brain matter.

That doesn't make much sense. Their brains could be proportional to their bodies, as ours are. Just because it's quanitatively less doesn't mean it would be of any less quality.

One of the reasons scientists think we're smarter than other animals is because of our increased craninal capacity. In other words, we have big noggins. Therefore, we are smarter. If this in fact is true, then the bugs being the size of earth bugs would probably mean they're about as smart as earth bugs too. For example:

Bug 1: Oooh... fly into the house!

Bug 2: Ok! (SPALT! as it hits the window)

Bug 1: Strange... (flies towards window... SPLAT!)

Yup... they'd be pretty dumb...

I like to see you prove the something like an hippo or a cow is any smarter than a smaller animal like a chipmunk, or squirrel for that matter. The cranial size is significantly different, yet the intelligence is negligible.

Back